Common Crushes Rumors of Kanye West's Reported New Album 'Cruel Winter'
Common has finally put to rest rumors of a "Cruel Winter" album, a creative way of branding a sequel to the "Cruel Summer" compilation album recorded by Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music label artists which was released with Def Jam Recordings back in September. In an interview with Vulture magazine, Common denied the rumors, saying all the artists eyed for the follow-up compilation were busy working on their own individual projects.
"I don't think that's happening," the Grammy Award-winning singer said. "It was more of a rumor - cats been creating, but everybody's been doing their solo album. So that's what that is."
Rumors of a "Cruel Winter" album started circulating after both Big Sean and John Legend announced they had recorded tracks for a sequel to "Cruel Summer". According to Legend, "I have a couple of songs at least on there, and you know... we'll see what makes the final cut for that as well, but I'm definitely involved. I wrote a few hooks for it."
Even without the second compilation album, Common is busy working on his own music, with an EP, a mixtape and his fifth album coming out in the next few months. "I'm definitely looking at some of the producers like Travi$ Scott, No I.D., 88-Keys, Hit-Boy," the "LUV" lead star said. "This has been the first time I'm open to working and not having just one, two producers and that's it."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift