Lena Dunham: Rihanna and Chris Brown Reconciliation 'Cracks My Heart in Half'
Lena Dunham is among those who oppose Rihanna's reconciliation with Chris Brown. When discussing the influence celebrities have on fans during a chat on Alec Baldwin's podcast "Here's the Thing", the "Girls" actress says she's saddened by the former couple's reunion.
"It's an amazing thing and it's like, it's a platform that you have to take seriously," she says. "Which is why sometimes it's like I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house, but I follow her on Instagram."
"I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," she continues. "Like you know, she left Barbados, she's had this amazing career, she's won a Grammy... She's talented."
"And then she gets back together with Chris Brown and posts a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed," the actress rants. "And it cracks my heart in half in a way that makes me feel like I'm 95 years old."
Lena has been very vocals about her objection to RiRi's reunion with Breezy, three years after the two's infamous physical altercation. Last February, she tweeted, "Rihanna and Chris Brown's new duets make me want to go hide under Gloria Steinem's bed for 72 hours."
More Lena Dunham News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo