Lena Dunham: Rihanna and Chris Brown Reconciliation 'Cracks My Heart in Half'
Lena Dunham is among those who oppose Rihanna's reconciliation with Chris Brown. When discussing the influence celebrities have on fans during a chat on Alec Baldwin's podcast "Here's the Thing", the "Girls" actress says she's saddened by the former couple's reunion.
"It's an amazing thing and it's like, it's a platform that you have to take seriously," she says. "Which is why sometimes it's like I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house, but I follow her on Instagram."
"I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," she continues. "Like you know, she left Barbados, she's had this amazing career, she's won a Grammy... She's talented."
"And then she gets back together with Chris Brown and posts a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed," the actress rants. "And it cracks my heart in half in a way that makes me feel like I'm 95 years old."
Lena has been very vocals about her objection to RiRi's reunion with Breezy, three years after the two's infamous physical altercation. Last February, she tweeted, "Rihanna and Chris Brown's new duets make me want to go hide under Gloria Steinem's bed for 72 hours."
More Lena Dunham News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why