Lena Dunham: Rihanna and Chris Brown Reconciliation 'Cracks My Heart in Half'
Lena Dunham is among those who oppose Rihanna's reconciliation with Chris Brown. When discussing the influence celebrities have on fans during a chat on Alec Baldwin's podcast "Here's the Thing", the "Girls" actress says she's saddened by the former couple's reunion.
"It's an amazing thing and it's like, it's a platform that you have to take seriously," she says. "Which is why sometimes it's like I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house, but I follow her on Instagram."
"I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," she continues. "Like you know, she left Barbados, she's had this amazing career, she's won a Grammy... She's talented."
"And then she gets back together with Chris Brown and posts a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed," the actress rants. "And it cracks my heart in half in a way that makes me feel like I'm 95 years old."
Lena has been very vocals about her objection to RiRi's reunion with Breezy, three years after the two's infamous physical altercation. Last February, she tweeted, "Rihanna and Chris Brown's new duets make me want to go hide under Gloria Steinem's bed for 72 hours."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says