Barbara Walters Remains in Hospital, Runs Low-Grade Fever After Injured in a Fall
Barbara Walters gave update on her condition after she fell at the residence of Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the United States, over the weekend. The ABC News anchor issued a statement on a Tuesday, January 22 episode on "The View", thanking fans for their support and assuring them that she's recovering well and expected to return home soon.
"First and foremost, I want to thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me. I am most appreciative," Whoopi Goldberg read the statement from Barbara. "I'm running a low grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal. I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
The 83-year-old TV presenter took a tumble when attending an event held as part of Obama's pre-inaugural celebration in Washington, D.C. "She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple. The doctors stitched her up, and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy," Whoopi explained what happened.
"Out of an abundance of caution, she went to the hospital to have her cut tended to, have a full examination and remains there for observation," said the network's SVP Jeffrey Schneide back then.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture