First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as WikiLeaks Founder in 'Fifth Estate'
Benedict Cumberbatch channels Julian Assange in a first look image of DreamWorks SKG's WikiLeaks movie, which is now officially titled "The Fifth Estate". Ditching his signature brown locks, Cumberbatch sports peroxide blond hair to resemble the look of the controversial website's co-founder.
Along with the release of the first look photo, DreamWorks announced Tuesday, January 22 that the principal photography of the movie has officially begun. "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" helmer Bill Condon serves behind the lens for the film that is set to hit North American theaters on November 15, just in time for next year's awards consideration.
Written by Josh Singer, "The Fifth Estate" is based on "Inside WikiLeaks: My Time With Julian Assange at The World's Most Dangerous Website" by Daniel Domscheit-Berg, and "WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" by David Leigh and Luke Harding. The story focuses on the early days of the freedom of information warriors up to the notorious information dump by U.S. Army private Bradley Manning.
Daniel Bruhl plays Assange's colleague Daniel Domscheit-Berg. His first look is also teased in the newly-released still alongside Cumberbatch. Also joining the movie are Laura Linney, Anthony Mackie, David Thewlis, Dan Stevens, Alicia Vikander and Carice van Houten.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4