First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as WikiLeaks Founder in 'Fifth Estate'
Benedict Cumberbatch channels Julian Assange in a first look image of DreamWorks SKG's WikiLeaks movie, which is now officially titled "The Fifth Estate". Ditching his signature brown locks, Cumberbatch sports peroxide blond hair to resemble the look of the controversial website's co-founder.
Along with the release of the first look photo, DreamWorks announced Tuesday, January 22 that the principal photography of the movie has officially begun. "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" helmer Bill Condon serves behind the lens for the film that is set to hit North American theaters on November 15, just in time for next year's awards consideration.
Written by Josh Singer, "The Fifth Estate" is based on "Inside WikiLeaks: My Time With Julian Assange at The World's Most Dangerous Website" by Daniel Domscheit-Berg, and "WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" by David Leigh and Luke Harding. The story focuses on the early days of the freedom of information warriors up to the notorious information dump by U.S. Army private Bradley Manning.
Daniel Bruhl plays Assange's colleague Daniel Domscheit-Berg. His first look is also teased in the newly-released still alongside Cumberbatch. Also joining the movie are Laura Linney, Anthony Mackie, David Thewlis, Dan Stevens, Alicia Vikander and Carice van Houten.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic