First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as WikiLeaks Founder in 'Fifth Estate'
Benedict Cumberbatch channels Julian Assange in a first look image of DreamWorks SKG's WikiLeaks movie, which is now officially titled "The Fifth Estate". Ditching his signature brown locks, Cumberbatch sports peroxide blond hair to resemble the look of the controversial website's co-founder.
Along with the release of the first look photo, DreamWorks announced Tuesday, January 22 that the principal photography of the movie has officially begun. "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" helmer Bill Condon serves behind the lens for the film that is set to hit North American theaters on November 15, just in time for next year's awards consideration.
Written by Josh Singer, "The Fifth Estate" is based on "Inside WikiLeaks: My Time With Julian Assange at The World's Most Dangerous Website" by Daniel Domscheit-Berg, and "WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" by David Leigh and Luke Harding. The story focuses on the early days of the freedom of information warriors up to the notorious information dump by U.S. Army private Bradley Manning.
Daniel Bruhl plays Assange's colleague Daniel Domscheit-Berg. His first look is also teased in the newly-released still alongside Cumberbatch. Also joining the movie are Laura Linney, Anthony Mackie, David Thewlis, Dan Stevens, Alicia Vikander and Carice van Houten.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby