Bill Hader NOT Involved in New 'Baywatch' Movie
Bill Hader will not take over David Hasselhoff's iconic character in the planned "Baywatch" movie, so his rep confirms. Speaking to Collider, the representative claims that earlier story about Hader's casting in the beach lifegurad movie "wasn't true" and that "the script isn't even finished yet."
Earlier on Tuesday, January 22, The Wrap reported that Hader would star in the big screen take on the hit 1990s TV show, taking over Hasselhoff's role as the leader of the lifeguard team. Director Robert Ben Garant broke the news to the site, but stressed that Hader's deal hadn't been sealed yet.
Hasselhoff would still make a cameo in the movie alongside original star Pamela Anderson. "They're so excited they made us shoot a trailer and the script isn't even done," said director Garant, who added that he targeted an April start date for the project. The script would be provided by Jeremy Garelick and Peter Tolan.
Details of the "Baywatch" movie are still scarce, but The Wrap said it would follow "lifeguards exploring an oil rig of the Malibu coast that turns out to be a meth lab." The original TV series ran from 1989 to 1999 and spawned a spin-off, "Baywatch: Hawaii".
More Baywatch News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour