Bill Hader NOT Involved in New 'Baywatch' Movie
Bill Hader will not take over David Hasselhoff's iconic character in the planned "Baywatch" movie, so his rep confirms. Speaking to Collider, the representative claims that earlier story about Hader's casting in the beach lifegurad movie "wasn't true" and that "the script isn't even finished yet."
Earlier on Tuesday, January 22, The Wrap reported that Hader would star in the big screen take on the hit 1990s TV show, taking over Hasselhoff's role as the leader of the lifeguard team. Director Robert Ben Garant broke the news to the site, but stressed that Hader's deal hadn't been sealed yet.
Hasselhoff would still make a cameo in the movie alongside original star Pamela Anderson. "They're so excited they made us shoot a trailer and the script isn't even done," said director Garant, who added that he targeted an April start date for the project. The script would be provided by Jeremy Garelick and Peter Tolan.
Details of the "Baywatch" movie are still scarce, but The Wrap said it would follow "lifeguards exploring an oil rig of the Malibu coast that turns out to be a meth lab." The original TV series ran from 1989 to 1999 and spawned a spin-off, "Baywatch: Hawaii".
More Baywatch News
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week