'Apartment 23' Pulled From Schedule, 'Happy Endings' to Air Back-to-Back
ABC has yanked "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" from its Tuesday night lineup. There are eight remaining episodes of the Krysten Ritter-starring series left, but the network hasn't decided when it will air them.
Expressing his feelings about the show's bleak future, co-star James Van Der Beek tweeted Tuesday, January 22, "Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled." Still, a rep for ABC insists the low-rated comedy series hasn't been canceled.
To fill in the slot left vacant by "Apartment 23", the network will air another comedy "Happy Endings" back-to-back starting next week. The sitcom starring Damon Wayans Jr. will continue airing the remainder of its third season until "Dancing with the Stars" takes over the slot in March.
During a recent panel at Television Critics Association's winter press tour, ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee said a decision on the future of "Apartment 23" and "Happy Endings" had yet to be made. "We love those two shows. They're incredibly distinctive, and they're water-cooler shows," he said at the time.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie