'Apartment 23' Pulled From Schedule, 'Happy Endings' to Air Back-to-Back
ABC has yanked "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" from its Tuesday night lineup. There are eight remaining episodes of the Krysten Ritter-starring series left, but the network hasn't decided when it will air them.
Expressing his feelings about the show's bleak future, co-star James Van Der Beek tweeted Tuesday, January 22, "Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled." Still, a rep for ABC insists the low-rated comedy series hasn't been canceled.
To fill in the slot left vacant by "Apartment 23", the network will air another comedy "Happy Endings" back-to-back starting next week. The sitcom starring Damon Wayans Jr. will continue airing the remainder of its third season until "Dancing with the Stars" takes over the slot in March.
During a recent panel at Television Critics Association's winter press tour, ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee said a decision on the future of "Apartment 23" and "Happy Endings" had yet to be made. "We love those two shows. They're incredibly distinctive, and they're water-cooler shows," he said at the time.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala