'Apartment 23' Pulled From Schedule, 'Happy Endings' to Air Back-to-Back
ABC has yanked "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" from its Tuesday night lineup. There are eight remaining episodes of the Krysten Ritter-starring series left, but the network hasn't decided when it will air them.
Expressing his feelings about the show's bleak future, co-star James Van Der Beek tweeted Tuesday, January 22, "Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled." Still, a rep for ABC insists the low-rated comedy series hasn't been canceled.
To fill in the slot left vacant by "Apartment 23", the network will air another comedy "Happy Endings" back-to-back starting next week. The sitcom starring Damon Wayans Jr. will continue airing the remainder of its third season until "Dancing with the Stars" takes over the slot in March.
During a recent panel at Television Critics Association's winter press tour, ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee said a decision on the future of "Apartment 23" and "Happy Endings" had yet to be made. "We love those two shows. They're incredibly distinctive, and they're water-cooler shows," he said at the time.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked