'Apartment 23' Pulled From Schedule, 'Happy Endings' to Air Back-to-Back
ABC has yanked "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" from its Tuesday night lineup. There are eight remaining episodes of the Krysten Ritter-starring series left, but the network hasn't decided when it will air them.
Expressing his feelings about the show's bleak future, co-star James Van Der Beek tweeted Tuesday, January 22, "Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled." Still, a rep for ABC insists the low-rated comedy series hasn't been canceled.
To fill in the slot left vacant by "Apartment 23", the network will air another comedy "Happy Endings" back-to-back starting next week. The sitcom starring Damon Wayans Jr. will continue airing the remainder of its third season until "Dancing with the Stars" takes over the slot in March.
During a recent panel at Television Critics Association's winter press tour, ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee said a decision on the future of "Apartment 23" and "Happy Endings" had yet to be made. "We love those two shows. They're incredibly distinctive, and they're water-cooler shows," he said at the time.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5