Shakira and Gerard Pique Welcome Baby Boy, Milan
Shakira is now officially a mom. The Colombia-born singer gave birth to her and Gerard Pique's son Tuesday, January 22 at 9:36 P.M. in Barcelona, Spain, so it's announced via a statement posted on her website.
They name their bundle of joy Milan Pique Mebarak. The statement later explains the meaning behind the name, "The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification."
"Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth," it's added. The baby boy "weighed approximately 6lbs. 6 ounces," and "both mother and child are in excellent health."
Earlier in the day, Shakira was spotted being admitted to hospital to give birth. "I'd like to ask you all to accompany me in your prayers on this very important day of my life. Shak," she tweeted before the baby was born.
Milan is the first child for both Shakira and her soccer player boyfriend, Gerard. She revealed her pregnancy in September 2012, while also announcing that she would take a brief break from performing and scrap her scheduled gig at the iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012 in Las Vegas.
On December 27, Gerard pulled a prank by tweeting that their son had been born. It was later confirmed that the center back for FC Barcelona was just following a Spanish tradition of Dia de los Inocentes which is equivalent to April Fool's Day.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single