Shakira and Gerard Pique Welcome Baby Boy, Milan
Shakira is now officially a mom. The Colombia-born singer gave birth to her and Gerard Pique's son Tuesday, January 22 at 9:36 P.M. in Barcelona, Spain, so it's announced via a statement posted on her website.
They name their bundle of joy Milan Pique Mebarak. The statement later explains the meaning behind the name, "The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification."
"Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth," it's added. The baby boy "weighed approximately 6lbs. 6 ounces," and "both mother and child are in excellent health."
Earlier in the day, Shakira was spotted being admitted to hospital to give birth. "I'd like to ask you all to accompany me in your prayers on this very important day of my life. Shak," she tweeted before the baby was born.
Milan is the first child for both Shakira and her soccer player boyfriend, Gerard. She revealed her pregnancy in September 2012, while also announcing that she would take a brief break from performing and scrap her scheduled gig at the iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012 in Las Vegas.
On December 27, Gerard pulled a prank by tweeting that their son had been born. It was later confirmed that the center back for FC Barcelona was just following a Spanish tradition of Dia de los Inocentes which is equivalent to April Fool's Day.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2