Stephen Colbert Pokes Fun at Obama's Inauguration on 'The Colbert Report'
As all eyes were on President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony, Stephen Colbert argued Obama has become a three-term president. The comedian brought up the subject during a Monday, January 21 episode of "The Colbert Report".
"The president should be inaugurated on January 20," he read an excerpt of the U.S. Constitution, before showing footage of Obama being officially sworn in for second term during a private ceremony Sunday. The re-elected president also took an oath during public swearing-in ceremony on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on Monday.
"While taking [the oath] again today, Obama has made himself a three-term president, serving the second two terms consecutively," Colbert pointed out. "Now to impeach him, we have to get rid of him twice."
He also noticed that one of the three Bibles used by Obama during the ceremony belonged to Abraham Lincoln, claiming the current POTUS tried to to cash in on the popularity of Steven Spielberg's film "Lincoln".
Colbert went on declaring that he would continue trying to stop Obama's agenda. "I am re-inaugurating myself as commander in opposing the chief for an historic second term," he swore himself in while lying on a pile of giant Bibles.
More Stephen Colbert News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern