Audio: Paramore Unveil New Single 'Now'
Paramore have just released their brand new song "Now" off their much-anticipated self-titled album consisting of seventeen new tracks which will be released on April 9. The trio, lead vocalist Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis and guitarist Taylor York, have unveiled the first track from their forthcoming fourth album, which will follow up their 2009 studio release "Brand New Eyes", their highest-charting album to-date.
"Now" finds its lead singer Williams channeling Gwen Stefani of No Doubt, doing her speak-sing style in the verses and Muse's swagger in the climax. "If there's a future, we want it now," Williams sings in the hook, echoing the band's fresh start as a newly downsized group, following the departure of founding members Josh and Zac Farro, among others.
"It just feels like the perfect way to start this new journey we are embarking on not only as a band but as a movement," said the band about the song back in December. "To show people that you can lose battles but come back and win full on wars. You can rise from ashes. You can make something out of even less than nothing. The only thing you have to do is keep moving forward!"
In a January 16 tweet, Williams revealed that they had finished shooting the music video for "Now", directed by Daniel Cloud Campos. "Done. What an exciting day. Thank you to @DanCloudCampos for writing/directing such an important video for us. This was my favorite!" she wrote.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation