Audio: Paramore Unveil New Single 'Now'
Paramore have just released their brand new song "Now" off their much-anticipated self-titled album consisting of seventeen new tracks which will be released on April 9. The trio, lead vocalist Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis and guitarist Taylor York, have unveiled the first track from their forthcoming fourth album, which will follow up their 2009 studio release "Brand New Eyes", their highest-charting album to-date.
"Now" finds its lead singer Williams channeling Gwen Stefani of No Doubt, doing her speak-sing style in the verses and Muse's swagger in the climax. "If there's a future, we want it now," Williams sings in the hook, echoing the band's fresh start as a newly downsized group, following the departure of founding members Josh and Zac Farro, among others.
"It just feels like the perfect way to start this new journey we are embarking on not only as a band but as a movement," said the band about the song back in December. "To show people that you can lose battles but come back and win full on wars. You can rise from ashes. You can make something out of even less than nothing. The only thing you have to do is keep moving forward!"
In a January 16 tweet, Williams revealed that they had finished shooting the music video for "Now", directed by Daniel Cloud Campos. "Done. What an exciting day. Thank you to @DanCloudCampos for writing/directing such an important video for us. This was my favorite!" she wrote.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation