Justin Bieber Becomes the Most-Followed Person on Twitter, Surpasses Lady GaGa
Justin Bieber is officially the king of Twitter. The Canadian teen sensation has become the most-followed person on the micro-blogging site, slightly surpassing previous record holder Lady GaGa.
Per Monday night, January 21, the Biebs successfully scored 33,315,521 followers, a massive amount that was enough to beat GaGa's 33,315,459 followers. The "Boyfriend" singer garners an average of 40,055 followers a day, while the Mother Monster adds around 30,495 users to her follower list each day.
Bieber and GaGa have been in Twitter most-followed competition for quite a while. The "Judas" singer joined the site in March 2008, a year before the teenage heartthrob. She ruled the social media since August 2010 with 5.7 million followers, surpassing Britney Spears at the time.
By January this year, the gap between her and Bieber's followers narrowed rapidly. Reacting to result, she gave a shoutout to the ex-boyfriend of Selena Gomez, "So proud of @justinbieber and all the Beliebers! I'm only happy to see your fans growing in size, you all deserve it!" She added, "Monsters support you!"
According to Twittercounter.com, which updates its result on daily-basis, the third most-followed person on the site was Katy Perry. She has around 31.4 million followers per Monday night, gaining an average of 29,843 a day. The fourth and fifth spots respectively were placed by Rihanna and President Barack Obama.
Apart from competing on Twitter, Bieber and GaGa were racing for online supremacy on other sites. The New York-born songstress was the first person to ever reach 1 billion views on YouTube in October 2010, but a month later Bieber managed to match the number. Meanwhile, on Facebook, GaGa has around 54.9 million likes, 4.3 million more than Bieber. The two, however, couldn't best Rihanna's 65.6 million likes.
In music, both Bieber and GaGa are expected to release their new albums this year. The former will launch his "Believe Acoustic" set this coming January 29, while the latter will debut her much-awaited "ARTPOP" album later this year.
More Justin Bieber News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'