Videos: Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson Perform at Obama's Inaugural Ball
Re-elected U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama danced to Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" as it was performed onstage by "American Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson. The 31-year-old Oscar-winning actress belted out the 70's classic during the Commander-in-Chief's Inaugural Ball held in Washington D.C. on January 21.
Hudson excitedly announced via Twitter, "Right now the President and First Lady will dance to Al Green's 'Let's Stay Together' to be performed by... ME!!! Yes! Amazing night!" First Lady Michelle also tweeted about the highlight of the inaugural ball, "Just danced to 'Let's Stay Together' with the love of my life and the President of the United States. I'm so proud of Barack."
Over at the 2013 Public Inaugural Ball held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center also in Washington D.C. on the same night, Grammy Award-winning artist Alicia Keys opened her performance with her new track "New Day". The 31-year-old, dressed in a red Michael Kors gown, segued into her latest hit single "Girl on Fire" which she tweaked a little so that the hook will ring out "Obama's on fire".
Earlier that day, Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor all sang in the president's inauguration ceremony held on the White House grounds in front a cheering crowd.
Alicia Keys performing at the President's Inaugural Ball:
Pres. Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama dancing to Jennifer Hudson's "Let's Stay Together":
More Alicia Keys News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama