Videos: Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson Perform at Obama's Inaugural Ball
Re-elected U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama danced to Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" as it was performed onstage by "American Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson. The 31-year-old Oscar-winning actress belted out the 70's classic during the Commander-in-Chief's Inaugural Ball held in Washington D.C. on January 21.
Hudson excitedly announced via Twitter, "Right now the President and First Lady will dance to Al Green's 'Let's Stay Together' to be performed by... ME!!! Yes! Amazing night!" First Lady Michelle also tweeted about the highlight of the inaugural ball, "Just danced to 'Let's Stay Together' with the love of my life and the President of the United States. I'm so proud of Barack."
Over at the 2013 Public Inaugural Ball held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center also in Washington D.C. on the same night, Grammy Award-winning artist Alicia Keys opened her performance with her new track "New Day". The 31-year-old, dressed in a red Michael Kors gown, segued into her latest hit single "Girl on Fire" which she tweaked a little so that the hook will ring out "Obama's on fire".
Earlier that day, Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor all sang in the president's inauguration ceremony held on the White House grounds in front a cheering crowd.
Alicia Keys performing at the President's Inaugural Ball:
Pres. Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama dancing to Jennifer Hudson's "Let's Stay Together":
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage