Videos: Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson Perform at Obama's Inaugural Ball
Re-elected U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama danced to Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" as it was performed onstage by "American Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson. The 31-year-old Oscar-winning actress belted out the 70's classic during the Commander-in-Chief's Inaugural Ball held in Washington D.C. on January 21.
Hudson excitedly announced via Twitter, "Right now the President and First Lady will dance to Al Green's 'Let's Stay Together' to be performed by... ME!!! Yes! Amazing night!" First Lady Michelle also tweeted about the highlight of the inaugural ball, "Just danced to 'Let's Stay Together' with the love of my life and the President of the United States. I'm so proud of Barack."
Over at the 2013 Public Inaugural Ball held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center also in Washington D.C. on the same night, Grammy Award-winning artist Alicia Keys opened her performance with her new track "New Day". The 31-year-old, dressed in a red Michael Kors gown, segued into her latest hit single "Girl on Fire" which she tweaked a little so that the hook will ring out "Obama's on fire".
Earlier that day, Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor all sang in the president's inauguration ceremony held on the White House grounds in front a cheering crowd.
Alicia Keys performing at the President's Inaugural Ball:
Pres. Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama dancing to Jennifer Hudson's "Let's Stay Together":
More Alicia Keys News
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush