Bruce Willis Confirmed for 'Sin City 2', Toby Jones Sealed for 'Captain America 2'
Bruce Willis shows no sign of slowing down with his action movie projects. After wrapping "A Good Day to Die Hard" and "Red 2", the veteran thesp will go in action again by returning to another sequel project "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For".
Willis' return to the "Sin City" sequel is confirmed by director Robert Rodriguez himself when attending the 2013 Sundance Film Festival in Utah. Speaking to MTV News, the filmmaker reveals the news when dishing on what fans could expect from the upcoming movie.
"[Juno Temple] just shot, she was fantastic. Her and Ray Liotta played together, they were amazing. Jeremy Piven shot just last nightâ�¦ we were shooting last night, all night. There are some characters from the book," he says. "It might surprise people who they play and the turns that they do... Bruce [Willis] is back, so you'll be seeing him..."
After announcing Willis' comeback to the franchise, Rodriguez dishes on the 3D shot of the sequel. "We shot this in 3D. We didn't shoot Sin City in 3D. I wouldn't want to convert that one probably. The difference in shooting it is just... you can't even compare," he says. "Because this is a very two dimensional world it's very stylized. To see that kind of stylization in 3D will blow people's mind."
A continuation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, "Dame to Kill For" focuses on earlier story of Clive Owen's Dwight McCarthy, whose life is turned upside down when Ava, a woman from his past, returns and says she loves him and causes all sorts of problems for him. The movie is slated for an October 4, 2013 release Stateside.
While Willis is confirmed for "Sin City 2", Toby Jones announced that he would come back as villainous Arnim Zola in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". The actor accidentally mentioned about his return during an interview at the Critics Circle Awards. When asked, "Do you know whether you're gonna be going back to the Captain America?" he responded with a smile, "I do know. I do know. I could tell you. It looks like I would be."
Slated for a April 4, 2014 release in the United States, "Captain America 2" will pick up where "The Avengers" leaves off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world. Villainous Zola, meanwhile, is described in the comic books as a crazy scientist who downloaded his brain inside an android body.
Robert Rodriguez confirms Bruce Willis' return in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For":
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie