Selena Gomez to Release New Single in March
Getting back on her feet after her latest breakup with boyfriend Justin Bieber two weeks ago, 20-year-old singer Selena Gomez has excitedly revealed during her UNICEF charity concert in New York that she will drop her new single in March. It will be the first single off her new album for which she has already recorded 18 tracks, but she has yet to decide which ones will make the cut.
If her edgy film "Spring Breakers" is of any indication, Gomez's new music is bound to be more intimate and more mature in contrast to her initial Disney darling persona. "Through 'Spring Breakers' and experiencing so much last year it will be interesting to kind of have my fans know everything I went through, through music," the actress/TV personality said.
"I think for me, it was actually interesting to see that towards the middle of me recording my record, a big turn happened to me and it was incredible to see how I applied that to music because I've never done that before and it's great," Gomez said of her new song-writing approach, quite similar to her best friend Taylor Swift's way of writing breakup songs after each failed romance.
Gomez did a cover of Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" during her UNICEF benefit concert stint, in addition to belting out Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" and Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River", which incidentally, The Biebs also covered back in November after his first breakup with Gomez. After their most recent and reportedly final breakup following a string of make-ups, she went back to the studios to focus on her music.
More Selena Gomez News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC