Selena Gomez to Release New Single in March
Getting back on her feet after her latest breakup with boyfriend Justin Bieber two weeks ago, 20-year-old singer Selena Gomez has excitedly revealed during her UNICEF charity concert in New York that she will drop her new single in March. It will be the first single off her new album for which she has already recorded 18 tracks, but she has yet to decide which ones will make the cut.
If her edgy film "Spring Breakers" is of any indication, Gomez's new music is bound to be more intimate and more mature in contrast to her initial Disney darling persona. "Through 'Spring Breakers' and experiencing so much last year it will be interesting to kind of have my fans know everything I went through, through music," the actress/TV personality said.
"I think for me, it was actually interesting to see that towards the middle of me recording my record, a big turn happened to me and it was incredible to see how I applied that to music because I've never done that before and it's great," Gomez said of her new song-writing approach, quite similar to her best friend Taylor Swift's way of writing breakup songs after each failed romance.
Gomez did a cover of Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" during her UNICEF benefit concert stint, in addition to belting out Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" and Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River", which incidentally, The Biebs also covered back in November after his first breakup with Gomez. After their most recent and reportedly final breakup following a string of make-ups, she went back to the studios to focus on her music.
More Selena Gomez News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72