Selena Gomez to Release New Single in March
Getting back on her feet after her latest breakup with boyfriend Justin Bieber two weeks ago, 20-year-old singer Selena Gomez has excitedly revealed during her UNICEF charity concert in New York that she will drop her new single in March. It will be the first single off her new album for which she has already recorded 18 tracks, but she has yet to decide which ones will make the cut.
If her edgy film "Spring Breakers" is of any indication, Gomez's new music is bound to be more intimate and more mature in contrast to her initial Disney darling persona. "Through 'Spring Breakers' and experiencing so much last year it will be interesting to kind of have my fans know everything I went through, through music," the actress/TV personality said.
"I think for me, it was actually interesting to see that towards the middle of me recording my record, a big turn happened to me and it was incredible to see how I applied that to music because I've never done that before and it's great," Gomez said of her new song-writing approach, quite similar to her best friend Taylor Swift's way of writing breakup songs after each failed romance.
Gomez did a cover of Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" during her UNICEF benefit concert stint, in addition to belting out Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" and Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River", which incidentally, The Biebs also covered back in November after his first breakup with Gomez. After their most recent and reportedly final breakup following a string of make-ups, she went back to the studios to focus on her music.
More Selena Gomez News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date