Seth MacFarlane Is Dapper and All Smiles in First Official Poster for 2013 Oscars
Just a little over a month before the 85th Academy Awards takes place, AMPAS unleashes a first ever official poster to promote the world's biggest film awards. The classy one-sheet features none other than this year's Oscar host Seth MacFarlane.
The black-and-white poster boasts classic design with the "Ted" helmer sporting a dapper look in a sleek tuxedo and a bowtie. He is all smiles as his hand is clutching a graphic outline of the famous golden Oscar statuette.
This year has been a special year for the "Family Guy" creator. Apart from being hailed as the Oscar host, he is also up for the Best Original Song award thanks to his "Ted" soundtrack "Everybody Needs a Best Friend". Earlier this January, he also became the first Oscar host to announce the nominations since Charlton Heston in 1972.
The Academy President Hawk Koch once explained why he picked MacFarlane to tackle the prestigious duty. He said, "Seth is unbelievably talented. We couldn't be happier with the creative team we assembled... with Craig, Neil and now Seth, we're off to a great start!"
To be held on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, the 2013 Academy Awards will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries. The show will be made more special with the appearance of MacFarlane's fan-beloved teddy bear Ted, which is set to accompany him along with Mark Wahlberg.
"Me and Ted, because Seth is hosting the Oscars, Ted and I will be appearing at the Oscars," Wahlberg recently announced the news on Anderson Cooper's daytime talk show. When Cooper said he hoped Ted wouldn't smoke a bong before going onstage, Wahlberg jokingly replied, "He can't do it without it [smoking a bong]. It's mandatory."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics