Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Don Jon's Addiction' Picked by Relativity at Sundance
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction", has found its buyer at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. The film was obtained by Relativity Media for around $4 million on Monday, January 21, marking the biggest Sundance deal so far.
Relativity plans to unleash the movie Stateside later this year. The company doesn't hesitate to acquire the film despite the fact that it has stolen a lot of attention for boasting graphic nudity and sex that could push its R or even NC-17 rating.
"Don Jon's Addiction" follows Gordon-Levvit's titular character, who is obsessed with his own body and sex. Also addicted to porn, the young man attempts to become less selfish. The "Looper" actor also writes the script in addition to directing and starring in it.
The sexy dramedy also stars Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Julianne Moore, Tony Danza and Rob Brown. It has received relatively positive reviews at Sundance.
Apart from introducing his directorial debut, Gordon-Levitt also has another job at the Utah film festival. He is set to host the festival's Awards Ceremony that will take place in Park City, Utah on January 26.
This year's Sundance Fest is set to run from January 17-27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah. The event will include 113 feature-length films from 32 countries and 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 in competition.
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video