Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Don Jon's Addiction' Picked by Relativity at Sundance
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction", has found its buyer at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. The film was obtained by Relativity Media for around $4 million on Monday, January 21, marking the biggest Sundance deal so far.
Relativity plans to unleash the movie Stateside later this year. The company doesn't hesitate to acquire the film despite the fact that it has stolen a lot of attention for boasting graphic nudity and sex that could push its R or even NC-17 rating.
"Don Jon's Addiction" follows Gordon-Levvit's titular character, who is obsessed with his own body and sex. Also addicted to porn, the young man attempts to become less selfish. The "Looper" actor also writes the script in addition to directing and starring in it.
The sexy dramedy also stars Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Julianne Moore, Tony Danza and Rob Brown. It has received relatively positive reviews at Sundance.
Apart from introducing his directorial debut, Gordon-Levitt also has another job at the Utah film festival. He is set to host the festival's Awards Ceremony that will take place in Park City, Utah on January 26.
This year's Sundance Fest is set to run from January 17-27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah. The event will include 113 feature-length films from 32 countries and 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 in competition.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video