Jana Kramer and Brantley Gilbert Get Engaged on His 28th Birthday
Jana Kramer has just given the best birthday present for her boyfriend Brantley Gilbert. The "One Tree Hill" star said "Yes!" when the country star proposed to her during his 28th birthday celebration at the famous Ryman Auditorium Theater in Nashvile on Sunday, January 20.
Sharing their excitement of getting engaged, the couple told PEOPLE via their representative, "We could not be happier!" The happy couple gushed, "We are so excited to share this special time with our loved ones and cannot wait to start the rest of our lives together."
Gilbert especially rented the Ryman Auditorium for the special day. The site was the same place where Johnny Cash and June Carter, the iconic country couple, first met. For Gilbert, this would be his first marriage. As for Kramer, she was previously married to Johnathon Schaech in July 2010, but they divorced in the following month.
Kramer and Gilbert have been dating for around a year. They were recently nominated at the 2013 ACM Awards in the best new vocalist categories. Following the engagement, Kramer admitted that she was "so surprised!" She enthused, "He asked my mom for permission before he proposed, which meant a lot to me."
More Jana Kramer News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed