Jana Kramer and Brantley Gilbert Get Engaged on His 28th Birthday
Jana Kramer has just given the best birthday present for her boyfriend Brantley Gilbert. The "One Tree Hill" star said "Yes!" when the country star proposed to her during his 28th birthday celebration at the famous Ryman Auditorium Theater in Nashvile on Sunday, January 20.
Sharing their excitement of getting engaged, the couple told PEOPLE via their representative, "We could not be happier!" The happy couple gushed, "We are so excited to share this special time with our loved ones and cannot wait to start the rest of our lives together."
Gilbert especially rented the Ryman Auditorium for the special day. The site was the same place where Johnny Cash and June Carter, the iconic country couple, first met. For Gilbert, this would be his first marriage. As for Kramer, she was previously married to Johnathon Schaech in July 2010, but they divorced in the following month.
Kramer and Gilbert have been dating for around a year. They were recently nominated at the 2013 ACM Awards in the best new vocalist categories. Following the engagement, Kramer admitted that she was "so surprised!" She enthused, "He asked my mom for permission before he proposed, which meant a lot to me."
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert