Jana Kramer and Brantley Gilbert Get Engaged on His 28th Birthday
Jana Kramer has just given the best birthday present for her boyfriend Brantley Gilbert. The "One Tree Hill" star said "Yes!" when the country star proposed to her during his 28th birthday celebration at the famous Ryman Auditorium Theater in Nashvile on Sunday, January 20.
Sharing their excitement of getting engaged, the couple told PEOPLE via their representative, "We could not be happier!" The happy couple gushed, "We are so excited to share this special time with our loved ones and cannot wait to start the rest of our lives together."
Gilbert especially rented the Ryman Auditorium for the special day. The site was the same place where Johnny Cash and June Carter, the iconic country couple, first met. For Gilbert, this would be his first marriage. As for Kramer, she was previously married to Johnathon Schaech in July 2010, but they divorced in the following month.
Kramer and Gilbert have been dating for around a year. They were recently nominated at the 2013 ACM Awards in the best new vocalist categories. Following the engagement, Kramer admitted that she was "so surprised!" She enthused, "He asked my mom for permission before he proposed, which meant a lot to me."
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?