John Mayer and Katy Perry Among Celebrities at Presidential Inauguration
Celebrities were braving the cold to attend the Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on January 21 in Washington, DC. Among those grabbing the attention were John Mayer and Katy Perry who made their official public appearance as a couple.
After rocking the 2013 Kids' Inaugural Concert over the weekend, the "Teenage Dream" songstress mingled with celebrity pals in the VIP seats to watch the Monday swearing-in ceremony. Keeping themselves warm in a striped coat and a black overcoat respectively, the California-born singer and her rocker beau looked happy as they were spotted grinning ear to ear most of the times they were pictured.
Also showing their support to Obama, who has been elected for the second term, were Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, who have been avid supporters of Mr. Obama. The Roc Nation founder looked dapper in Tom Ford suit, while Queen Bey was elegant in a velvet and chiffon beaded gown from Emilio Pucci's pre-fall 2013 collection paired with a luxe fur coat by Dior.
Kelly Clarkson, who was tapped as a performer at the inauguration ceremony along with the likes of Beyonce and James Taylor, also didn't come alone. She arrived hand in hand with fiance Brandon Blackstock. Eva Longoria, on the other hand, strolled to the building solo, wearing a salmon leather coat with a black scarf.
Mr. Obama took oath as the President of the United States for the 2nd term in the ceremony, where Joe Biden also took oath as Vice President of the U.S. First lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11 were all present at the inauguration.
President Barack Obama takes oath of office:
More John Mayer News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars