James Franco Apologizes to Justin Bieber for 'Boyfriend' Video Parody
Earlier this month, 34-year-old actor James Franco made a video where he pretended to be the 18-year-old Justin Bieber, singing his song "Boyfriend" while frolicking with actress Ashley Benson. The clip which he posted on his WhoSay site was later asked to be removed online.
A source claimed Bieber has not yet seen the video, but it is apparent that some people close to the teen sensation already have. "I was asked to take it down by some people," Franco told E! News. "Bieber didn't contact me, but I don't think he was too happy." The "Spider-Man" trilogy star claimed he meant no disrespect to the Canadian pop star when he made the video, saying "I wasn't trying to diss him."
Incidentally, Franco had also previously spoofed Bieber's ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez, her "Spring Breakers" co-star. He had uploaded a video of himself singing her single "Love You Like a Love Song" while they were shooting the Harmony Korine-directed film. However, unlike The Biebs' camp, Gomez raved about Franco's parody, saying, "I loved it. It was so good."
Franco made his pronouncements while attending the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. The actor who co-hosted the 83rd Academy Awards with Anne Hathaway in 2011, has completed the bio-pic "Lovelace" where he plays Playboy magazine mogul Hugh Hefner. He has also done work on four films which are all now in the post-production stage: "Oz: The Great and Powerful", "This Is the End", "Homefront" and "Child of God" which he directed and wrote himself.
James Franco spoofing Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend":
More James Franco News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date