Justin Bieber Is 'Uncomfortable' With His Mom's Anti-Abortion Film Project
Just a few days ago news broke that Justin Bieber's mom Pattie Mallette is producing an anti-abortion film, it is now rumored that the teen sensation is not so happy about her new project. As reported by Chicago Sun Times, The Biebs reportedly feels "uncomfortable" with the short film "Crescendo" because it contains political issues.
A so-called insider told the site on Sunday, January 20, "Justin just is very uncomfortable about political issues - especially ones like abortion that are very divisive." The source added, "He's all about entertaining his fans with his music and not interested in pushing a political agenda... Furthermore, I don't believe he agrees with his mom on this issue."
The same source also stressed that the "Baby" hitmaker was already fed up with controversial headlines in his life lately "so soon after a lot of relatively negative stories tied to his own actions." The source said, "First there was the alleged drug use, than the mooning photo on Twitter this weekend. ... He doesn't need this [his mother's role in the anti-abortion film] on top of it."
Previously, Mallette announced that she wanted to produce the short film that could "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."
Details of the "Crescendo" are still scarce, but the short will have its worldwide screenings on February 28. The filmmakers aim to raise $10 million for pregnancy centers from the film. Bieber's mom herself is set to appear at some screenings, production company Movie to Movement confirms Friday, January 18.
More Justin Bieber News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed