Justin Bieber Is 'Uncomfortable' With His Mom's Anti-Abortion Film Project
Just a few days ago news broke that Justin Bieber's mom Pattie Mallette is producing an anti-abortion film, it is now rumored that the teen sensation is not so happy about her new project. As reported by Chicago Sun Times, The Biebs reportedly feels "uncomfortable" with the short film "Crescendo" because it contains political issues.
A so-called insider told the site on Sunday, January 20, "Justin just is very uncomfortable about political issues - especially ones like abortion that are very divisive." The source added, "He's all about entertaining his fans with his music and not interested in pushing a political agenda... Furthermore, I don't believe he agrees with his mom on this issue."
The same source also stressed that the "Baby" hitmaker was already fed up with controversial headlines in his life lately "so soon after a lot of relatively negative stories tied to his own actions." The source said, "First there was the alleged drug use, than the mooning photo on Twitter this weekend. ... He doesn't need this [his mother's role in the anti-abortion film] on top of it."
Previously, Mallette announced that she wanted to produce the short film that could "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."
Details of the "Crescendo" are still scarce, but the short will have its worldwide screenings on February 28. The filmmakers aim to raise $10 million for pregnancy centers from the film. Bieber's mom herself is set to appear at some screenings, production company Movie to Movement confirms Friday, January 18.
More Justin Bieber News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent