Rick Ross Premieres Self-Directed Music Video 'Pirates'
Rick Ross releases the music video to his "Pirates" track, off his Grammy Award-nominated album "God Forgives, I Don't". It also marks the rap star's big directorial debut, co-directing the clip with Maybach Music lensman and famed director Dre Films.
The video was shot in Miami, Florida, set in a dock from where Ross and his lady walk towards an electric blue speed boat which they later break the waves with. In the story, the rapper and his partner enter a suspicious deal, exchanging duct-taped duffel bags with loads of cash in the middle of the sea. The transaction appears to have been successful as it shows the Bawse sitting on a sea-inspired coral throne while puffing a cigar.
Ross spews out the accompanying rhymes for the visuals : "Fascination with fortune afford me mansion and Porsches / Panoramas, abortions, marijuana imported / Dreams of getting cream and never to be extorted / Seen so many things, be preposterous not to record it / Product is in demand, profit not far behind."
Appearing on "RapFix Live" back in August last year, Rozay confessed his goal was to shoot every video for all the tracks from his gold-selling LP. "I'mma shoot a video to every record on the album," Ross promised. Out of the 14 tracks in "God Forgives, I Don't" he has already released 10 of them. Out of the 4 remaining, the MMG CEO revealed that Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin has already started working on the visuals for "Sixteen".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris