Report: Leonardo DiCaprio to Take a 'Long, Long' Break From Acting
After having tight schedule to promote his Oscar-nominated pic "Django Unchained", Leonardo DiCaprio plans to take hiatus from acting for a "long, long" time. The Calvin Candie depicter reportedly announces his plan during an interview with Germany daily Bild.
"I am a bit drained," so he reportedly says. "I'm now going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out." The "J. Edgar" lead actor adds that he wants to travel more and focus on his environmental works during his long break.
"I would like to improve the world a bit," the 38-year-old actor goes. "I will fly around the world doing good for the environment." He continues, "My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometers (31 miles) a day. That can be done with a plug."
Though the "Titanic" star has prepared to pull himself from the big screen industry, his fans still have chances to see him in his upcoming films post-"Django". On May 10, his Baz Luhrman-helmed drama "The Great Gatsby" will open Stateside. His other film "The Wolf of Wall Street", directed by Martin Scorsese, is also set to be released sometime this year.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer