Report: Leonardo DiCaprio to Take a 'Long, Long' Break From Acting
After having tight schedule to promote his Oscar-nominated pic "Django Unchained", Leonardo DiCaprio plans to take hiatus from acting for a "long, long" time. The Calvin Candie depicter reportedly announces his plan during an interview with Germany daily Bild.
"I am a bit drained," so he reportedly says. "I'm now going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out." The "J. Edgar" lead actor adds that he wants to travel more and focus on his environmental works during his long break.
"I would like to improve the world a bit," the 38-year-old actor goes. "I will fly around the world doing good for the environment." He continues, "My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometers (31 miles) a day. That can be done with a plug."
Though the "Titanic" star has prepared to pull himself from the big screen industry, his fans still have chances to see him in his upcoming films post-"Django". On May 10, his Baz Luhrman-helmed drama "The Great Gatsby" will open Stateside. His other film "The Wolf of Wall Street", directed by Martin Scorsese, is also set to be released sometime this year.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!