Oprah's BFF, Gayle King, Weighs In on Lance Armstrong Interview
Oprah Winfrey's BFF, Gayle King, has weighed in on the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host's much-publicized recent interview with cyclist Lance Armstrong. Attending The Daily Beast/Newsweek bipartisan brunch on Sunday, January 20, Gayle revealed that she never saw Oprah being so nervous about interviewing someone since her sit down with Michael Jackson.
"I've only seen [Oprah] nervous twice - Michael Jackson, back in the day that was live, and with Lance Armstrong," Gayle shared to ET Online. "She knew that there was a lot of stake. She knew that people would be watching her and she knew that people would be watching him."
To overcome the nerves, Gayle opened up that Oprah studied every interview Lance had done before. Once she finally sat down with Lance, Oprah managed to control the situation as she asked the bicyclist with a string of rapid-fire yes/no questions that led to the confession that he used doping during his career, particularly during his Tour de France winnings.
When the interview was finally over, Gayle said that her best friend was very relieved. "You know it's a good interview when you're done and you get in the car and you say, 'There's not another thing I wish I would've asked him'," she said. "That's pretty good, and that's how she felt."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked