Oprah's BFF, Gayle King, Weighs In on Lance Armstrong Interview
Oprah Winfrey's BFF, Gayle King, has weighed in on the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host's much-publicized recent interview with cyclist Lance Armstrong. Attending The Daily Beast/Newsweek bipartisan brunch on Sunday, January 20, Gayle revealed that she never saw Oprah being so nervous about interviewing someone since her sit down with Michael Jackson.
"I've only seen [Oprah] nervous twice - Michael Jackson, back in the day that was live, and with Lance Armstrong," Gayle shared to ET Online. "She knew that there was a lot of stake. She knew that people would be watching her and she knew that people would be watching him."
To overcome the nerves, Gayle opened up that Oprah studied every interview Lance had done before. Once she finally sat down with Lance, Oprah managed to control the situation as she asked the bicyclist with a string of rapid-fire yes/no questions that led to the confession that he used doping during his career, particularly during his Tour de France winnings.
When the interview was finally over, Gayle said that her best friend was very relieved. "You know it's a good interview when you're done and you get in the car and you say, 'There's not another thing I wish I would've asked him'," she said. "That's pretty good, and that's how she felt."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics