Danny Gokey Welcomes a Baby Boy Daniel Emanuel
Congratulations are in order for Danny Gokey. The third-place finalist on the eighth season of "American Idol" is over the moon as his wife Leyicet Peralta has just given birth to their first child, a son they named Daniel Emanuel Gokey.
The baby was born on January 20, weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz. at 9:52 P.M. EST. "Leyicet and I are overjoyed to welcome the new member of our family. I'm ecstatic to be a first time dad and to have a new little buddy to hang out with," the singer tells PEOPLE.
"Thankfully, because of what I do, it will also allow me the flexibility to spend a lot of quality time with him. I have so many exciting projects ahead this year but a brand new baby is an amazing way to get the new year started. We feel really blessed!" he continued gushing.
On Twitter Friday, January 18, the 32-year-old singer jokingly tweeted about his unborn baby, "My son is already like me and I haven't even met him yet....Late!!!!!! I'm always late for appointment, he's late for his delivery!! Smh." On Sunday, he added, "Its Official, I'm a daddy!!! :)."
Danny and Leyicet got married in January 2012 after a year of engagement. He was previously married to his high school sweetheart, Sophia Martinez, who died from complications after a routine surgery for congenital heart disease. In her honor, he founded Sophia's Heart Foundation to help homeless families.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album