Danny Gokey Welcomes a Baby Boy Daniel Emanuel
Congratulations are in order for Danny Gokey. The third-place finalist on the eighth season of "American Idol" is over the moon as his wife Leyicet Peralta has just given birth to their first child, a son they named Daniel Emanuel Gokey.
The baby was born on January 20, weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz. at 9:52 P.M. EST. "Leyicet and I are overjoyed to welcome the new member of our family. I'm ecstatic to be a first time dad and to have a new little buddy to hang out with," the singer tells PEOPLE.
"Thankfully, because of what I do, it will also allow me the flexibility to spend a lot of quality time with him. I have so many exciting projects ahead this year but a brand new baby is an amazing way to get the new year started. We feel really blessed!" he continued gushing.
On Twitter Friday, January 18, the 32-year-old singer jokingly tweeted about his unborn baby, "My son is already like me and I haven't even met him yet....Late!!!!!! I'm always late for appointment, he's late for his delivery!! Smh." On Sunday, he added, "Its Official, I'm a daddy!!! :)."
Danny and Leyicet got married in January 2012 after a year of engagement. He was previously married to his high school sweetheart, Sophia Martinez, who died from complications after a routine surgery for congenital heart disease. In her honor, he founded Sophia's Heart Foundation to help homeless families.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke