Robert Pattinson and Naomi Watts' New Film Is Now Put on Hold
It seems that Robert Pattinson will not be seen starring opposite Oscar nominee Naomi Watts in the near future. Their planned movie project, "Queen of the Desert", has been put on hold because Watts wants to focus on her family for now.
The lead actress of "The Impossible" shared the bad news to E! News, "It's still a way's off." She said of the project, "I don't know yet. Hopefully, it will happen. I just can't travel again right now because I did a lot of traveling last year. It's been a big year and it's time for me to be home with the kids."
"Queen of the Desert" was set to be helmed by Werner Herzog. Pattinson was cast as T.E. Lawrence, a British Army officer famously known as Lawrence of Arabia who is also a good friend to notable English writer Gertrude Bell. Together, the two helped establish the Hashemite dynasties in Jordan and Iraq.
Watts was expected to star as Gertrude Bell. As for the film itself, it was supposed to follow Gertrude's life as a writer, archaeologist, explorer, cartographer and political attache for the British Empire. She graduated from Oxford at the turn of the 20th century and later traveled through the Middle East.
Watts gave the update about the film when attending the 2013 Sundance Film Festival to promote her film "Two Mothers", about two best friends who fall in love with each other's teenage sons. Of the film she said, "These are two great female characters full of complexities who are dealing with that midlife point."
"It's definitely an unconventional story, but it's not just about sex and their ages," she added. "It's about this kind of unit that has worked so well together and it's the end of their school life. They're about to head off to university. The nest is emptying."
Naomi Watts will next be seen in "Diana", a biopic about Princess Diana. She's also up for Oscar's Best Actress thanks to her role in "The Impossible".
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture