The Lumineers Rock 'Saturday Night Live' With 'Ho Hey' and 'Stubborn Love'
Denver, Colorado-based folk rock band The Lumineers made their "Saturday Night Live" debut as the show's musical guest last weekend, performing their hit single "Ho Hey" and their latest track "Stubborn Love". The trio of vocalist/guitarist Wesley Shultz, drummer Jeremiah Fraites and vocalist/cellist Neyla Pekarek performed back-to-back tracks from their self-titled debut album, now on its third week in the top ten of the Billboard 200 charts.
Being invited on "SNL" means The Lumineers have already arrived, as their debut single "Ho Hey" spends another week at the top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100 charts. This foot-stomping hit was featured extensively in the trailer of "Silver Linings Playbook", whose lead star Jennifer Lawrence was the episode's host.
Their chart-topping first single and debut performance in the hit TV comedy-variety show "Saturday Night Live" precedes the biggest success yet in the career of The Lumineers - being nominated in this year's Grammys. Their group is nominated for Best New Artist along with Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, Fun. and Alabama Shakes while their album got the nod for Best Americana Album.
The 2013 Grammy Awards airs on February 10, with popular bands Mumford & Sons and The Black Keys slated to perform onstage. Country music pop star Taylor Swift and R'n'B diva Rihanna are also set to perform their nominated hits. The late great Indian musician Ravi Shankar will be posthumously honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the ceremonies that will be hosted by hi-hop star LL Cool J.
The Lumineers on SNL performing "Ho Hey":
The Lumineers on SNL performing "Stubborn Love":
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3