American Idol Unveils 'Why Watch' Promo
Popular TV reality singing competition "American Idol has just released its latest promotional video for its twelfth season. Entitled "Why Watch?", the twenty-second clip reminds viewers on the reasons why the show had been going strong for more than a decade and why they should catch the latest season of "Idol".
"Why watch American Idol Season 12? Good singers, bad singers, wanna hug your mama singers... Laugh, cry, why? Oh, that's why," went the voice-over as images of "Idol" aspirants auditioning in front of veteran judge (since season one) Randy Jackson, new judge Keith Urban and "feuding" diva-judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj flash by.
Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, who has been hosting the show since day 1, the high-rating Fox show is telecast every Wednesday and Thursday 8/7c. Following the departure of multi-media superstar Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, the show enlisted Carey, Minaj and Urban, changing the original format with 3 judges and increasing it to 4 to keep in step with other popular TV singing contests such as "The Voice", "The X Factor (US)" and "America's Got Talent".
The growing competition saw a decline in Idol's usual 30 million plus viewers a couple of years back down to 20 million last season. However, "Idol" is expected to continually discover the best singing talent in the U.S., something it has consistently done in its last eleven seasons, churning out recording superstars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia Barrino, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, Phillip Phillips and many more.
American Idol Season 12 Promo Clip "Why Watch?":
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri