AnnaSophia Robb Initially Rejected 'The Carrie Diaries'
AnnaSophia Robb didn't want it when she was first approached to be on the TV prequel of "Sex and the City" series. The 19-year-old actress thought the role was too much of a commitment.
"When I was younger, I didn't want to be on TV," she said in an interview with LOOK magazine. "When my agent called about 'The Carrie Diaries', I said no way. TV was too much of a commitment."
Turned out she enjoyed playing the young fashionista. "t was like playing dress-up every day. Carrie's wardrobe is every girl's dream. I had so much fun, I loved every minute," she gushed.
She made sure she did her research to get into her character played by Sarah Jessica Parker in the original series. "I watched old episodes because I really wanted to click with the character. And I've read all the books," she said.
"I know 'The Carrie Diaries' is going to get compared to the original 'Sex and the City' but we're never going to be that. There are lots of new characters and a love interest. But it has the same heart as 'Sex and the City' and the same beat of the city."
In a separate chat at the recent Television Critics Association Press Tour, Robb talked about her senior's response to the prequel series. "[Sarah Jessica Parker] sent me a very lovely note just kind of giving me her blessing and encouraging me," she shared.
"[She's] telling me how excited she was and how dear the part was to her, and so that was huge for me because, you know, I was obviously nervous," she went on. "I was, like, 'Is this okay?' And so it just meant a lot to be able to have her blessing."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby