Daniel Radcliffe Weighs In on 'Fast-Paced' Gay Sex Scenes in 'Kill Your Darlings'
Leaving his signature Harry Potter persona behind, Daniel Radcliffe stole attention as he premiered his new film "Kill Your Darlings" at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival last Friday, January 18. Talking about his new daring role for the Beat Generation movie, the British thesp shared that he's challenged when required to film some steamy gay sex scenes.
"It was something new," Radcliffe said to E! News of the man-on-man sex scenes in the film. "But you know what, we shot that whole scene in maybe an hour and a half so it was incredibly fast-paced. I didn't really have to stop to think and worry about it."
Radcliffe stars as fabled Beat Generation poet, Allen Ginsberg, who is also a gay activist. The pic itself is based on an event in 1944 about the murder case that help spawn the Beat Generation movement in 1950s.
Directed by John Krokidas, the film follows Ginsberg's relationship with Lucien Carr and Jack Kerouac. Carr is the one who introduces Ginsberg to Kerouac and fellow Beat poet William S. Burroughs. He is also the one who stabbed his lover David Kammerer to death in a drunken fight in 1944.
"John was very helpful in furnishing me with a lot of graphic detail of what I would be experiencing at the various stages," Radcliffe went on sharing. He added that Krokidas picked his friend to play a sailor, whom Radcliffe's character slept with in the movie.
"We were able to hang out a little bit on set and get to know each other a little bit, which I think is important when you're doing a scene so intimate," Radcliffe said of how he built the chemistry with the man. "You have to feel like you're both in it together."
Tackling the role of Carr in "Kill Your Darlings" is Dane Dehaan, while Jack Huston and Ben Foster play Kerouac and Burroughs respectively. Also supporting the movie is Elizabeth Olsen as Eddie Parker, a rich girlfriend to Kerouac.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7