Lady GaGa to Perform at Obama's Inaugural Ball on January 22
As Barack Obama's inaugural festivities kicked off January 19 with a family-friendly concert hosted by the First Lady, words run rampant that Lady GaGa is tapped to headline a ball on January 22. While the Saturday event honored the military families, the Tuesday gig is held for Mr. President's campaign staffers.
The Mother Monster followed the footsteps of Jay-Z who took the stage for Team Obama in 2009 after Mr. President's first election win. During the private concert for the White House staff members, the Roc Nation founder reportedly changed lyrics of his hit single into, "99 Problems but George Bush Ain't One."
Obama will take the oath on January 20. Beyonce Knowles is confirmed to sing the national anthem, Kelly Clarkson is scheduled to perform "My Country Tis of Thee" and James Taylor will play a rendition of "America the Beautiful" for the signing ceremony January 21 on the West Front of the Capitol.
Other stars tapped to take part in the celebratory events include Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Fun., Brad Paisley, John Legend, Marc Anthony and Cyndi Lauper. "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria, who's the inaugural committee co-chair, and "The Help" actress Viola Davis are expected to make appearances as well.
There will reportedly only be two official parties. According to USA Today, it's the fewest since Dwight D. Eisenhower's 1953 celebrations.
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal