Lady GaGa to Perform at Obama's Inaugural Ball on January 22
As Barack Obama's inaugural festivities kicked off January 19 with a family-friendly concert hosted by the First Lady, words run rampant that Lady GaGa is tapped to headline a ball on January 22. While the Saturday event honored the military families, the Tuesday gig is held for Mr. President's campaign staffers.
The Mother Monster followed the footsteps of Jay-Z who took the stage for Team Obama in 2009 after Mr. President's first election win. During the private concert for the White House staff members, the Roc Nation founder reportedly changed lyrics of his hit single into, "99 Problems but George Bush Ain't One."
Obama will take the oath on January 20. Beyonce Knowles is confirmed to sing the national anthem, Kelly Clarkson is scheduled to perform "My Country Tis of Thee" and James Taylor will play a rendition of "America the Beautiful" for the signing ceremony January 21 on the West Front of the Capitol.
Other stars tapped to take part in the celebratory events include Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Fun., Brad Paisley, John Legend, Marc Anthony and Cyndi Lauper. "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria, who's the inaugural committee co-chair, and "The Help" actress Viola Davis are expected to make appearances as well.
There will reportedly only be two official parties. According to USA Today, it's the fewest since Dwight D. Eisenhower's 1953 celebrations.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'