A Man Arrested in Sergei Filin Acid Attack Investigation
A few days after Bolshoi Theatre's artistic director Sergei Filin was shockingly attacked with acid by a masked assailant, a man has been arrested by Russian authorities investigating the matter. He is allegedly suspected of hacking into his email account before the horrific assault.
The man is believed being connected to the alarming terrors happening to Filin in the months leading to the acid attack. Someone threatened him, slashed his car tires and disabled his cell phone. A fake Facebook page was also created in his name and his professional correspondences were posted online.
The theatre's previous director, Gennady Yanin, dealt with similar issues before he resigned in 2011. His email was hacked and some sexually explicit pictures were leaked.
Filin suffered severe burns of multiple degrees to his face and eyes, including third-degree cornea burns. He recently underwent eye surgery, and his sight will be evaluated in two weeks. He's dealing with his condition courageously, said the country's culture minister Vladimir Medinsky who visited him at the hospital.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo