A Man Arrested in Sergei Filin Acid Attack Investigation
A few days after Bolshoi Theatre's artistic director Sergei Filin was shockingly attacked with acid by a masked assailant, a man has been arrested by Russian authorities investigating the matter. He is allegedly suspected of hacking into his email account before the horrific assault.
The man is believed being connected to the alarming terrors happening to Filin in the months leading to the acid attack. Someone threatened him, slashed his car tires and disabled his cell phone. A fake Facebook page was also created in his name and his professional correspondences were posted online.
The theatre's previous director, Gennady Yanin, dealt with similar issues before he resigned in 2011. His email was hacked and some sexually explicit pictures were leaked.
Filin suffered severe burns of multiple degrees to his face and eyes, including third-degree cornea burns. He recently underwent eye surgery, and his sight will be evaluated in two weeks. He's dealing with his condition courageously, said the country's culture minister Vladimir Medinsky who visited him at the hospital.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'