A Man Arrested in Sergei Filin Acid Attack Investigation
A few days after Bolshoi Theatre's artistic director Sergei Filin was shockingly attacked with acid by a masked assailant, a man has been arrested by Russian authorities investigating the matter. He is allegedly suspected of hacking into his email account before the horrific assault.
The man is believed being connected to the alarming terrors happening to Filin in the months leading to the acid attack. Someone threatened him, slashed his car tires and disabled his cell phone. A fake Facebook page was also created in his name and his professional correspondences were posted online.
The theatre's previous director, Gennady Yanin, dealt with similar issues before he resigned in 2011. His email was hacked and some sexually explicit pictures were leaked.
Filin suffered severe burns of multiple degrees to his face and eyes, including third-degree cornea burns. He recently underwent eye surgery, and his sight will be evaluated in two weeks. He's dealing with his condition courageously, said the country's culture minister Vladimir Medinsky who visited him at the hospital.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings