A Man Arrested in Sergei Filin Acid Attack Investigation
A few days after Bolshoi Theatre's artistic director Sergei Filin was shockingly attacked with acid by a masked assailant, a man has been arrested by Russian authorities investigating the matter. He is allegedly suspected of hacking into his email account before the horrific assault.
The man is believed being connected to the alarming terrors happening to Filin in the months leading to the acid attack. Someone threatened him, slashed his car tires and disabled his cell phone. A fake Facebook page was also created in his name and his professional correspondences were posted online.
The theatre's previous director, Gennady Yanin, dealt with similar issues before he resigned in 2011. His email was hacked and some sexually explicit pictures were leaked.
Filin suffered severe burns of multiple degrees to his face and eyes, including third-degree cornea burns. He recently underwent eye surgery, and his sight will be evaluated in two weeks. He's dealing with his condition courageously, said the country's culture minister Vladimir Medinsky who visited him at the hospital.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards