Rolling Stones Will Not Headline Coachella After All
Contrary to earlier hints dropped by both The Rolling Stones and Coachella Festival organizers Goldenvoice, a source close to the English rock band confirmed the Stones would not be headlining the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2013 in Indio, California in April. After fans were teased since last month about the possible performance, the unnamed source said the Stones would not perform at Coachella.
Still, frontman Mick Jagger keeps fans hoping that they will see more of the band on the road in 2013. He announced, "There have been quite a few offers. I'm going to see what's on the table and discuss it with everyone. We'll announce it when we've figured it out."
In mid-December of last year, the Rolling Stones tipped off that they might be performing at the Coachella Festival after they accidentally leaked out through their mobile app the dates of the three-day music and arts festival in California as part of their tour.
By the first week of January, Goldenvoice, the organizers of the annual event, dropped a strong hint that the Stones might headline this year's Coachella Festival by posting an image of a large round stone at the Empire Polo Grounds on the festival's official Facebook page. The Empire Polo Club in Indio, California is the Coachella's designated venue year after year, where the festival runs for two weekends in April 2013 (April 12-14 and 19-21).
The Rolling Stones have recently wrapped up their "50 and Counting" concert tour which played to sold-out crowds in London, Brooklyn and New Jersey to celebrate their 50th anniversary in the music business. The legendary rock band also performed at the 12-12-12 benefit concert with other entertainment icons at the Madison Square Garden in New York to raise funds for victims of hurricane Sandy.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama