'American Horror Story' and 'Homeland' Hailed by Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association
"American Horror Story: Asylum" and "Homeland" are the Best TV Drama of the year, according to Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association. The two shows are tied for the honor, with the former's star Jessica Lange scoring TV Performance of the Year - Actress nod and the latter's actor Damian Lewis winning TV Performance of the Year - Actor award.
The group's annual Dorian Awards also chose Golden Globe-winning show "Girls" as TV Comedy of the Year. Other comedy series, "Modern Family" and "The New Normal", were dubbed LGBT TV Show of the Year, while "Happy Endings" was named Unsung TV Show of the Year.
Comedian Jon Stewart was picked to receive Wilde Wit of the Year, while Ryan Murphy, the creator of "AHS", "Glee" as well as "The New Normal", was honored with Wilde Artist of the Year.
"Liz & Dick" and "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" are the other TV winners at Dorian Awards this year. The prize-giving event, which is intended to reflect gay interest, also honored some works in movie, with "Argo" being dubbed Film of the Year.
Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Asociation Dorian Awards Winners in TV:
- TV Drama of the Year (tie): "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX) and "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Comedy of the Year: "Girls" (HBO)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actor: Damian Lewis / "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actress: Jessica Lange / "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX)
- TV Musical Performance of the Year: Jennifer Hudson, Tribute to Whitney Houston, The Grammys (CBS)
- LGBT TV Show of the Year - (tie): "Modern Family" (ABC) and "The New Normal" (NBC)
- Campy TV Show of the Year: "Liz & Dick" (Lifetime)
- Unsung TV Show of the Year: "Happy Endings" (ABC)
- TV or Movie Title of the Year: "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" (ABC)
- We're Wilde About You (Newcomer Award): Ezra Miller
- Wilde Wit of the Year (honoring a performer, writer or commentator whose observations both challenge and amuse): Jon Stewart
- Wilde Artist of the Year (honoring a truly groundbreaking force in the fields of film, theatre and/or television): Ryan Murphy
- Timeless Award (previously announced) (honoring an actor or performer whose exemplary career has been marked by character, wisdom and wit): Sir Ian McKellen
More American Horror Story News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist