'American Horror Story' and 'Homeland' Hailed by Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association
"American Horror Story: Asylum" and "Homeland" are the Best TV Drama of the year, according to Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association. The two shows are tied for the honor, with the former's star Jessica Lange scoring TV Performance of the Year - Actress nod and the latter's actor Damian Lewis winning TV Performance of the Year - Actor award.
The group's annual Dorian Awards also chose Golden Globe-winning show "Girls" as TV Comedy of the Year. Other comedy series, "Modern Family" and "The New Normal", were dubbed LGBT TV Show of the Year, while "Happy Endings" was named Unsung TV Show of the Year.
Comedian Jon Stewart was picked to receive Wilde Wit of the Year, while Ryan Murphy, the creator of "AHS", "Glee" as well as "The New Normal", was honored with Wilde Artist of the Year.
"Liz & Dick" and "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" are the other TV winners at Dorian Awards this year. The prize-giving event, which is intended to reflect gay interest, also honored some works in movie, with "Argo" being dubbed Film of the Year.
Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Asociation Dorian Awards Winners in TV:
- TV Drama of the Year (tie): "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX) and "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Comedy of the Year: "Girls" (HBO)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actor: Damian Lewis / "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actress: Jessica Lange / "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX)
- TV Musical Performance of the Year: Jennifer Hudson, Tribute to Whitney Houston, The Grammys (CBS)
- LGBT TV Show of the Year - (tie): "Modern Family" (ABC) and "The New Normal" (NBC)
- Campy TV Show of the Year: "Liz & Dick" (Lifetime)
- Unsung TV Show of the Year: "Happy Endings" (ABC)
- TV or Movie Title of the Year: "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" (ABC)
- We're Wilde About You (Newcomer Award): Ezra Miller
- Wilde Wit of the Year (honoring a performer, writer or commentator whose observations both challenge and amuse): Jon Stewart
- Wilde Artist of the Year (honoring a truly groundbreaking force in the fields of film, theatre and/or television): Ryan Murphy
- Timeless Award (previously announced) (honoring an actor or performer whose exemplary career has been marked by character, wisdom and wit): Sir Ian McKellen
More American Horror Story News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake