'American Horror Story' and 'Homeland' Hailed by Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association
"American Horror Story: Asylum" and "Homeland" are the Best TV Drama of the year, according to Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association. The two shows are tied for the honor, with the former's star Jessica Lange scoring TV Performance of the Year - Actress nod and the latter's actor Damian Lewis winning TV Performance of the Year - Actor award.
The group's annual Dorian Awards also chose Golden Globe-winning show "Girls" as TV Comedy of the Year. Other comedy series, "Modern Family" and "The New Normal", were dubbed LGBT TV Show of the Year, while "Happy Endings" was named Unsung TV Show of the Year.
Comedian Jon Stewart was picked to receive Wilde Wit of the Year, while Ryan Murphy, the creator of "AHS", "Glee" as well as "The New Normal", was honored with Wilde Artist of the Year.
"Liz & Dick" and "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" are the other TV winners at Dorian Awards this year. The prize-giving event, which is intended to reflect gay interest, also honored some works in movie, with "Argo" being dubbed Film of the Year.
Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Asociation Dorian Awards Winners in TV:
- TV Drama of the Year (tie): "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX) and "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Comedy of the Year: "Girls" (HBO)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actor: Damian Lewis / "Homeland" (Showtime)
- TV Performance of the Year - Actress: Jessica Lange / "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX)
- TV Musical Performance of the Year: Jennifer Hudson, Tribute to Whitney Houston, The Grammys (CBS)
- LGBT TV Show of the Year - (tie): "Modern Family" (ABC) and "The New Normal" (NBC)
- Campy TV Show of the Year: "Liz & Dick" (Lifetime)
- Unsung TV Show of the Year: "Happy Endings" (ABC)
- TV or Movie Title of the Year: "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" (ABC)
- We're Wilde About You (Newcomer Award): Ezra Miller
- Wilde Wit of the Year (honoring a performer, writer or commentator whose observations both challenge and amuse): Jon Stewart
- Wilde Artist of the Year (honoring a truly groundbreaking force in the fields of film, theatre and/or television): Ryan Murphy
- Timeless Award (previously announced) (honoring an actor or performer whose exemplary career has been marked by character, wisdom and wit): Sir Ian McKellen
More American Horror Story News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident