'Argo' Is Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association's Film of the Year
"Argo" has won another award after it recently claimed victory at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. The Ben Affleck-directed Iran hostage movie has been named the Film of the Year by the Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association.
The LGBT group has just held its annual Dorian Awards, in which it also names "Lincoln" lead Daniel Day-Lewis and "Les Miserables" star Anne Hathaway the Best Actor and Actress respectively. The group also honors Ang Lee's "Life of Pi" with the Visually Striking Film of the Year award thanks to the movie's stunningly beautiful art direction and cinematography.
Also winning a prize at the award are "The Paperboy" and "Magic Mike", which are tied for Campy Flick of the Year. Ezra Miller, who plays bullied gay in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", bags the We're Wilde About You award which is dedicated to newcomers. Meanwhile, Ira Sach's "Keep the Lights On" about a gay relationship is hailed the LGBT Film of the Year.
Apart from the movie winners, Dorian Awards also announces its winners in TV. They include "Girls" for TV Comedy of the Year, as well as "American Horror Story: and "Homeland" which are tied for TV Drama of the Year.
Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Asociation Dorian Awards Winners in Movie:
- FILM OF THE YEAR: "Argo"
- FILM PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR - ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis - "Lincoln"
- FILM PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR - ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway - "Les Miserables"
- LGBT FILM OF THE YEAR: "Keep the Lights On"
- DOCUMENTARY OF THE YEAR: "How to Survive a Plague"
- VISUALLY STRIKING FILM OF THE YEAR (honoring a production of stunning beauty, from art direction to cinematography): "Life of Pi"
- CAMPY FLICK OF THE YEAR - (TIE): "Magic Mike" and "The Paperboy"
- UNSUNG FILM OF THE YEAR: "Bernie"
- WE'RE WILDE ABOUT YOU (New Comer Award): Ezra Miller
- WILDE WIT OF THE YEAR (honoring a performer, writer or commentator whose observations both challenge and amuse): Jon Stewart
- WILDE ARTIST OF THE YEAR (honoring a truly groundbreaking force in the fields of film, theatre and/or television): Ryan Murphy
- TIMELESS AWARD (honoring an actor or performer whose exemplary career has been marked by character, wisdom and wit): Ian McKellen
More Argo News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!