Charlie Hunnam May Reunite With Guillermo del Toro in 'Crimson Peak'
Just a few days after news broke that Emma Stone was in talks to join Guillermo del Toro's "Crimson Peak", it is now reported that the thriller project is courting its male lead. According to Variety, Charlie Hunnam is currently in negotiations to star in del Toro's new project.
Should Hunnam seal the deal, he will reunite with del Toro after the actor leads the director's highly-anticipated robots vs. monsters movie "Pacific Rim". del Toro himself is no stranger to reuniting with his actors. Apart from Hunnam, he worked in four movies with Ron Perlman including the "Hellboy" series.
"Crimson Peak" will mark del Toro's return to horror film genre after he wraps "Pacific Rim". Further details of the project are still kept secret, but it is said that the "Mama" producer is eyeing a Feburary 2014 start date for the project. He will also rewrite the original screenplay he previously wrote with Matthew Robbins.
Hunnam was last seen in "Deadfall", which also starred Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde.
More Crimson Peak News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory