Taylor Swift Gets a Call From Michael J. Fox After 'Don't Date My Son' Message
There is no bad blood between Taylor Swift and Michael J. Fox despite his recent dig at the country/pop star. She assures her fans that the "Back to the Future" actor has personally reached out to her to clear the air on his unflattering comments about her.
"Hey everybody, Michael J. Fox got in touch with me today and we are good," Taylor informed her more-than-23-million Twitter followers on Friday, January 18. She additionally expressed her gratitude for all the support she got, "Thank you for having my back."
Michael caused a buzz when he said he didn't want Taylor to date his son, Sam Michael. "I don't keep up with it all, but Taylor Swift writes songs about everybody she goes out with, right? What a way to build a career," the protective father told Vulture. "I wouldn't even know who she was."
The joke stemmed from Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's diss at Taylor at the Golden Globe Awards. In a faux-drunk stunt after losing Best Actress in a Comedy Series to Lena Dunham, the hosts ripped the 22-year-old first-time nominee who similarly didn't win her Best Song nod.
"And you know what, Taylor Swift," Tina said. "You stay away from Michael J. Fox's son!" Amy chimed in, "Or go for it," to which Tina protested, "No, she needs some 'me time' to learn about herself." Sam served as Mr. Golden Globes, but he was not on the stage back then.
More Taylor Swift News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics