Justin Bieber's Mom Producing Anti-Abortion Film 'Crescendo'
Justin Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, is about to jump into movie industry. The 37-year-old Canadian author has announced that she will be producing a short film about anti-abortion called "Crescendo".
In a statement released via the Associated Press, Mallette explains that she wants the movie to "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."
Details of the "Crescendo" are still scarce, but the short will have its worldwide screenings on February 28. The filmmakers aim to raise $10 million for pregnancy centers from the film. Bieber's mom herself is set to appear at some screenings, production company Movie to Movement confirms Friday, January 18.
Mallette has been an avid supporter of anti-abortion. She has penned a memoir called "Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom", which revolves around her decision to keep her baby that someday would become the teenage pop sensation.
The "Boyfriend" hitmaker's mother was 17 and unmarried when she carried him. She had quite a bitter past, including struggles with sexual abuse, depression and drugs. Though many people advised her to abort the baby, she believed abortion was not the choice especially after she converted to Christianity.
More Justin Bieber News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl