Jennifer Lawrence Will Be 'Acting Like an Idiot' a Lot on 'Saturday Night Live'
Set to host "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, Jennifer Lawrence recently talked about what to expect from her upcoming appearance on the NBC show. "Me, acting like an idiot. A lot," she said with a laugh when met on the set Thursday, January 17.
While she poked fun at "The Hunger Games" in a promo for the upcoming episode of "SNL", the 22-year-old who just won Best Actress Award for Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the Golden Globes hinted that she wouldn't channel her character Katniss Everdeen during the show. She said, "No, I retired my bow and arrow for this weekend."
Asked if she got advice from Bradley Cooper, who had previously hosted "SNL", or other "Silver Linings Playbook" co-stars, Lawrence replied, "No, they didn't. They should've. They've just said it's going to be the most amazing experience of my life, which they were right about."
She went on gushing about her preparations for the gig, "Oh my God, it's been amazing. I don't think I've ever laughed this much in my entire life." She added, "It's just been incredible. It's just amazing working with people - their job is just to be funny all day every day. You are in a room with some of the funniest people in the entire world."
The "SNL" episode hosted by Lawrence will air January 19 at 11:30 P.M. ET on NBC, with The Lumineers as the musical guest. The band's drummer Jeremia Fraites teased that they might appear on the skit as well, saying, "As far as we know we're going to just be performing but some people in the group might find a way to weasel in a skit or two. Like a reverse cameo. Just found your way into the skit somehow."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen