Alicia Keys to Sing the National Anthem at Super Bowl
Alicia Keys will be handling the national anthem singing chores at this year's Super Bowl, the National Football League has confirmed. Keys will be singing the National Anthem on February 3 at the New Orleans Superdome for the first time, although this will be her third appearance at the big football event, the most for any artist in the history of the annual championship game of the NFL.
Preceding this latest Super Bowl assignment for the Grammy Award-winning R'n'B artist are her two previous appearances at the Super Bowl, first when she sang "America the Beautiful" at Super Bowl XXXIX in 2005, and second, when she performed during the pre-game show at Super Bowl XLII in 2008.
Keys follows the footsteps of past Super Bowl national anthem singers, including "American Idol" alums Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and Jordin Sparks. Keys will be expected to shine like Beyonce Knowles, Mariah Carey and the late Whitney Houston who got rave reviews after their performance, unlike Christina Aguilera who sang the lyrics incorrectly back in 2011.
Keys' national anthem singing stint follows her rocking performance at the People's Choice Awards last week when she opened the show by performing her latest hits "Girl on Fire" and "New Day". She is set to embark on her "Set the World on Fire" tour, a 24-city concert tour across North America, starting on March 7.
Set to perform at the Super Bowl halftime break are Beyonce, Michelle Williams (II) and Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.
More Alicia Keys News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding