Mel Gibson's Ex Oksana Grigorieva Sues Lawyers Over Custody Settlement
Oksana Grigorieva is apparently not happy with the settlement she signed in the custody battle against her baby daddy Mel Gibson. The Russian pianist sues her lawyers Ron Litz and Daniel Horowitz for allegedly leading her into a bad deal.
According to TMZ, Oksana objects to a clause that bans her from pursuing any future legal action against the "Braveheart" star regarding their child, Lucia, without jeopardizing the monetary agreement she made with the 57-year-old actor. She's seeking unspecified damages.
Oksana gave birth to Mel's daughter in October 2009. They split a few months later before getting entangled in a bitter fight following a claim that he harassed her. An audio recording that showed him throwing rants towards her hit the web, fueling the domestic violence allegation.
In the settlement of their feud about custody of their child, Oksana received $750K in cash and got to live in a house provided by the actor until the kid turns 18. She reportedly also followed her lawyers' advice to sign a legal document that divested her of all ownership rights to her house.
Daniel said in response to the suit, "Why can't she just live her life normally and have a good life, raise the kid, live in the house, make music, be happy?" He added, "Why does she always have to be in a struggle -- especially with people who care the most about her?"
Before going public with Oksana, Mel was married to Robyn Denise Moore. They have seven children together. She filed for divorce when Oksana's pregnancy broke out. Meanwhile, Oksana is already a mother to a son from her previous relationship with actor Timothy Dalton.
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC