Mel Gibson's Ex Oksana Grigorieva Sues Lawyers Over Custody Settlement
Oksana Grigorieva is apparently not happy with the settlement she signed in the custody battle against her baby daddy Mel Gibson. The Russian pianist sues her lawyers Ron Litz and Daniel Horowitz for allegedly leading her into a bad deal.
According to TMZ, Oksana objects to a clause that bans her from pursuing any future legal action against the "Braveheart" star regarding their child, Lucia, without jeopardizing the monetary agreement she made with the 57-year-old actor. She's seeking unspecified damages.
Oksana gave birth to Mel's daughter in October 2009. They split a few months later before getting entangled in a bitter fight following a claim that he harassed her. An audio recording that showed him throwing rants towards her hit the web, fueling the domestic violence allegation.
In the settlement of their feud about custody of their child, Oksana received $750K in cash and got to live in a house provided by the actor until the kid turns 18. She reportedly also followed her lawyers' advice to sign a legal document that divested her of all ownership rights to her house.
Daniel said in response to the suit, "Why can't she just live her life normally and have a good life, raise the kid, live in the house, make music, be happy?" He added, "Why does she always have to be in a struggle -- especially with people who care the most about her?"
Before going public with Oksana, Mel was married to Robyn Denise Moore. They have seven children together. She filed for divorce when Oksana's pregnancy broke out. Meanwhile, Oksana is already a mother to a son from her previous relationship with actor Timothy Dalton.
More Mel Gibson News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards