Jennifer Lopez Caught Up in Lady GaGa's Plagiarism Lawsuit Over 'Judas'
It's been nearly two years and the plagiarism lawsuit involving Lady GaGa over her hit song "Judas" is not settled yet. In a recent court hearing for the case, Jennifer Lopez's name was dragged as it was alleged that the Latina diva's song "Invading My Mind", which GaGa co-produced, also used unlicensed sample from another musician's work.
The case started in 2011, when singer Rebecca Francescatti sued the Mother Monster, accusing the outlandish singer of using the elements of Rebecca's 1999 song "Juda" in hit single "Judas". During the recent hearing, Rebecca's lawyer Christopher Niro stated that GaGa apparently also incorporated the "Juda" sampling to J.Lo's 2011 song off the album "Love?".
According to Chicago Tribune, Niro asked the court to dismiss GaGa's credit as the co-producer of "Invading My Mind", insisting that the "Born This Way" hitmaker didn't even contribute to the song. He even claimed to have discovered text messages between the New York-born singer and producer RedOne that proved they have stolen the sample loop of "Juda" used in both "Judas" and "Invading My Mind".
"It looks to me like a conspiracy of silence. [GaGa] did nothing. No work," said Niro. GaGa's attorney, Catherine Spector, however, told the judge that Niro's theory "just doesn't really hold up from our perspective," adding that allowing Niro to access records involving J.Lo's work would be "far outside the bounds of discovery" in the case.
Spector hasn't released further statement regarding the ongoing lawsuit battle between GaGa and Rebecca, who once worked together with recording engineer Brian Gaynor, who is also being sued in the case.
More Lady GaGa News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics