Jennifer Lopez Caught Up in Lady GaGa's Plagiarism Lawsuit Over 'Judas'
It's been nearly two years and the plagiarism lawsuit involving Lady GaGa over her hit song "Judas" is not settled yet. In a recent court hearing for the case, Jennifer Lopez's name was dragged as it was alleged that the Latina diva's song "Invading My Mind", which GaGa co-produced, also used unlicensed sample from another musician's work.
The case started in 2011, when singer Rebecca Francescatti sued the Mother Monster, accusing the outlandish singer of using the elements of Rebecca's 1999 song "Juda" in hit single "Judas". During the recent hearing, Rebecca's lawyer Christopher Niro stated that GaGa apparently also incorporated the "Juda" sampling to J.Lo's 2011 song off the album "Love?".
According to Chicago Tribune, Niro asked the court to dismiss GaGa's credit as the co-producer of "Invading My Mind", insisting that the "Born This Way" hitmaker didn't even contribute to the song. He even claimed to have discovered text messages between the New York-born singer and producer RedOne that proved they have stolen the sample loop of "Juda" used in both "Judas" and "Invading My Mind".
"It looks to me like a conspiracy of silence. [GaGa] did nothing. No work," said Niro. GaGa's attorney, Catherine Spector, however, told the judge that Niro's theory "just doesn't really hold up from our perspective," adding that allowing Niro to access records involving J.Lo's work would be "far outside the bounds of discovery" in the case.
Spector hasn't released further statement regarding the ongoing lawsuit battle between GaGa and Rebecca, who once worked together with recording engineer Brian Gaynor, who is also being sued in the case.
More Lady GaGa News
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon