Jennifer Lopez Caught Up in Lady GaGa's Plagiarism Lawsuit Over 'Judas'
It's been nearly two years and the plagiarism lawsuit involving Lady GaGa over her hit song "Judas" is not settled yet. In a recent court hearing for the case, Jennifer Lopez's name was dragged as it was alleged that the Latina diva's song "Invading My Mind", which GaGa co-produced, also used unlicensed sample from another musician's work.
The case started in 2011, when singer Rebecca Francescatti sued the Mother Monster, accusing the outlandish singer of using the elements of Rebecca's 1999 song "Juda" in hit single "Judas". During the recent hearing, Rebecca's lawyer Christopher Niro stated that GaGa apparently also incorporated the "Juda" sampling to J.Lo's 2011 song off the album "Love?".
According to Chicago Tribune, Niro asked the court to dismiss GaGa's credit as the co-producer of "Invading My Mind", insisting that the "Born This Way" hitmaker didn't even contribute to the song. He even claimed to have discovered text messages between the New York-born singer and producer RedOne that proved they have stolen the sample loop of "Juda" used in both "Judas" and "Invading My Mind".
"It looks to me like a conspiracy of silence. [GaGa] did nothing. No work," said Niro. GaGa's attorney, Catherine Spector, however, told the judge that Niro's theory "just doesn't really hold up from our perspective," adding that allowing Niro to access records involving J.Lo's work would be "far outside the bounds of discovery" in the case.
Spector hasn't released further statement regarding the ongoing lawsuit battle between GaGa and Rebecca, who once worked together with recording engineer Brian Gaynor, who is also being sued in the case.
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie