Videos: John Mayer Performs for First Time After Throat Surgeries
After taking a break for almost two years due to granulomas in his throat, John Mayer has finally returned on stage. The rocker performed at the Livingston Town Proper benefit concert in Montana on Wednesday, January 16.
The "Heartbreak Warfare" singer reportedly started off his first performance since April 2011 with a rendition of "If I Ever Get Around to Living". Sharing a picture of him on the stage, he tweeted, "Tonight John sang 'Speak For Me' at the Livingston Town Proper. And we're back."
The event, which raised more than $100,000 to help firefighters that helped save his home and others from a Montana wildfire last summer, was also supported by Zac Brown and Clay Cook of Zac Brown Band, David Ryan Harris, Sean Hurley, Aaron Sterling, Ben Bullington and Lil Jane & The Pistol Whips.
"Putting on a concert to raise some money for the departments is the least I can do for a town and a community that has welcomed me with open arms," the 35-year-old Grammy Award winner said of the event.
Mayer was forced to take a vocal rest when granulomas were found next to his vocal cords in 2011. He had a surgery to remove the tumor-like mass of tissue in September that year, but the granuloma returned in March 2012. He canceled his tour and underwent another surgery.
The "Waiting on the World to Change" hitmaker, who has been rumored to be dating Katy Perry, is next scheduled to perform at New Orleans JazzFest on April 26.
More John Mayer News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner