Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Terminator 5' Moves Forward With New Writers
"Terminator 5" is still alive though it's been a long time fans haven't heard any updates on the project. The fifth installment of the Arnold Schwarzenegger-starring film franchise has just hired a pair of new writers to provide its script.
Courtesy of Deadline, Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures have sealed Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier to pen the upcoming cyborg movie. Laeta previously wrote such films as "Alexander" and "Shutter Island" and executive produced "Avatar". Patrick, meanwhile, worked for "Dracula 2000" and "My Bloody Valentine".
Annapurna reportedly spent over $20 million to acquire the rights to the "Terminator" franchise during the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. Nonetheless, it is still unclear where exactly the fifth movie would stand and when it would start the production.
Arnie is set to return as the lead of "Terminator 5". The project initially hired director Justin Lin, but he quit in 2011 due to scheduling conflicts. At the time, he reportedly chose to work on "Fast and Furious 6" instead of the next "Terminator" flick.
As for now, Arnie is busy promoting his upcoming film "The Last Stand" which opens Stateside on Friday, January 18. He will also be seen reuniting with Sylvester Stallone in "The Tomb (2013)", which will open nationwide on September 27.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'