'American Horror Story' Season 3: Ryan Murphy Reveals More Returning Actors and Plot Details
As "American Horror Story" is close to finish its second installment, talks about the upcoming third season are brewing. Sharing scoops from the next chapter is none other than the show's creator Ryan Murphy, who confirms that Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will return along with Jessica Lange.
The new season will also feature new faces and actors from the first season. "We want to have some new people come in and some [Season 1] people come back," Murphy says, adding that the new additions are "actors Jessica wanted to work with."
"She's sort of become a non-credited producer on season three, because she loves doing the show," the writer continues talking about Lange. On her character, Murphy describes it as "a glamour cat leading lady."
He teases that Peters will "probably go back to playing a sobbing psychopath," but gets coy when asked whom Paulson will portray. "I know who [she's] playing... She does not," he says with a laugh.
As for the storyline, he shares, "I come up with the story, and it's obviously always now crafted around Jessica, for the most part." He goes on dishing, "What season three is about is more historical in nature...I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three."
"You're going to see a very different tone in season three, but that's the joy of the show," he adds. "I think as a person right now I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a little bit more fun."
"AHS: Asylum" will wrap up its 13-episode run with "Madness Ends" on Wednesday, January 23 at 10 P.M. on FX.
More American Horror Story News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences