Tom Cruise Falls Victim to Latest Swatting Prank
It seems the arrest of Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher swat prankster is not enough to warn others not to make a hoax call to police. Another repeat happened most recently. Someone called 911 informing about a false home invasion in Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills residence.
TMZ reports the caller said there was an armed intruder on the property. When police arrived on the scene in response to the distress call, they found nothing alarming. The "Top Gun" actor was not at home back then. Some security guards and a cook were the only people in the house.
On October 9, 2012, police sent cars and helicopters to Bieber's residence after they received a call that there's man waving a gun in the area. A week earlier, a team of police forces went to Kutcher's home with guns drawn in response to a distress teletext message usually used by a deaf person.
Similar pranksters also targeted Miley Cyrus and Simon Cowell in 2012. Like what happened in the other incidents, the culprit(s) in the Cyrus and Cowell incident successfully tricked police into sending SWAT team. That's why all of those incidents were called "swatting."
Just a month ago, a 12-year-old boy was arrested in Southern California. Police said they had strong evidence that the juvenile was responsible for tricking authorities into sending enforcements to Bieber's and Kutcher's houses, but they did not believe he was linked to the Cyrus and Cowell swatting pranks.
More Tom Cruise News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival