Tom Cruise Falls Victim to Latest Swatting Prank
It seems the arrest of Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher swat prankster is not enough to warn others not to make a hoax call to police. Another repeat happened most recently. Someone called 911 informing about a false home invasion in Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills residence.
TMZ reports the caller said there was an armed intruder on the property. When police arrived on the scene in response to the distress call, they found nothing alarming. The "Top Gun" actor was not at home back then. Some security guards and a cook were the only people in the house.
On October 9, 2012, police sent cars and helicopters to Bieber's residence after they received a call that there's man waving a gun in the area. A week earlier, a team of police forces went to Kutcher's home with guns drawn in response to a distress teletext message usually used by a deaf person.
Similar pranksters also targeted Miley Cyrus and Simon Cowell in 2012. Like what happened in the other incidents, the culprit(s) in the Cyrus and Cowell incident successfully tricked police into sending SWAT team. That's why all of those incidents were called "swatting."
Just a month ago, a 12-year-old boy was arrested in Southern California. Police said they had strong evidence that the juvenile was responsible for tricking authorities into sending enforcements to Bieber's and Kutcher's houses, but they did not believe he was linked to the Cyrus and Cowell swatting pranks.
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie