Video: Mark Wahlberg Confirms Foul-Mouthed Bear Ted Will Appear at 2013 Oscars
As if hailing Seth MacFarlane as the host is not enough to entertain Oscars' audience, the upcoming 2013 Academy Awards will feature appearance from the famous foul-mouthed, hooker-loving bear Ted. The news is confirmed by "Ted" lead, Mark Wahlberg, himself who announces that he and the fan-beloved teddy bear will join MacFarlane for the prestigious event.
Wahlberg does not only announce the Ted's Oscar appearance news, but he also confirms another good news that he and the funny bear created by MacFarlane will return to "Ted 2". Appearing on Anderson Cooper's daytime talk show that's set to air Friday, January 18, Wahlberg says, "There is a 'Ted 2', we've already locked a deal, they're off writing now."
"I've never done a sequel before, but I have just so much confidence in Seth [who directed the first film], he's just such a talented, funny guy," Wahlberg gushes before announcing, "And actually me and Ted, because Seth is hosting the Oscars, Ted and I will be appearing at the Oscars."
When Cooper jokes that he hopes Ted won't smoke a bong before going onstage, Wahlberg replies, "He can't do it without it [smoking a bong]. It's mandatory."
Directed and co-written by MacFarlane, "Ted" claimed massive success when it opened Stateside last July. The movie scored best opening ever for an original R-rated comedy title. With a budget of around $50 to $65 million, the film which also stars Mila Kunis bags more than $503 million worldwide.
MacFarlane will host the Oscars on February 24. To take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, the event will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune