Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Dubbed Hollywood's Highest-Grossing Romantic Couple
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's on- and off-screen romance has proven to be a big moneymaker. Forbes has announced that the pair top its list of Hollywood's Highest-Grossing Romantic Couples, which is compiled based on domestic box office revenue of romantic movies in the last three years.
During the period, the Edward Cullen and the Bella Swan of the vampire film franchise earned $1.17 billion with the last three "Twilight" movies. "There is something unique about these films in the way that people have attached themselves to them," said Dorothy Pomerantz of Forbes.com. "The movies are unconventional, and you have the added element that the two people are a couple in real life."
Robert lands twice on the list, taking the tenth place with his "Water for Elephants" co-star Reese Witherspoon. The 2011 movie which is based on bestselling-novel by Sara Gruen raked in $59 million in the U.S. alone.
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth, who are the only other pair of costars-turned-lovers landing on the list, place eighth with $63 million from their film "The Last Song". Their romance sparked on the set of the movie based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.
Taking the runner-up spot are Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, whose tear-jerking movie "The Vow" grossed $125 million. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler snatch the third place with $103 million from their romantic-comedy flick "Just Go with It".
Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth of the hit "Sex and the City" movies land on the fourth place. For this list, only "Sex and the City 2", which raked in $95 million, is accounted. Rounding up the top five are Julianne Moore and Steve Carell whose movie "Crazy, Stupid, Love." earned $84 in North America.
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart - $1.17 billion (three "Twilight" movies)
- Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams - $125 million ("The Vow")
- Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler - $103 million ("Just Go with It")
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth - $95 million ("Sex and the City 2")
- Julianne Moore and Steve Carell - $84 ("Crazy, Stupid, Love.")
- Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum - $80 million ("Dear John")
- Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher - $71 million ("No Strings Attached")
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth - $63 million ("The Last Song")
- Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling - $60 million ("The Lucky One")
- Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon - $59 million ("Water for Elephants")
More Robert Pattinson News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed