Meredith Vieira May Host Daytime Talk Show After Leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
Meredith Vieira could get her own talk show after deciding to quit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The NY Times reports that the 59-year-old journalist/television personality is in talks with another division of NBCUniversal about hosting a syndicated daytime talk show.
If things go as planned, the show may start as soon as September 2014 with the show airing at 11 A.M. in some local markets. The discussions are now kept private and it's noted that there's no guarantee that a deal will be sealed for a new show.
Should Vieira sign up for the daytime talk show, she will follow the footsteps of fellow former "Today" co-anchor Katie Couric, who now hosts syndicated daytime talk show "Katie".
Vieira herself left her post as regular co-host on the NBC morning program in June 2011 and recently announced that she wouldn't renew her contract for syndicated quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", which she had hosted since 2002.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed