Meredith Vieira May Host Daytime Talk Show After Leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
Meredith Vieira could get her own talk show after deciding to quit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The NY Times reports that the 59-year-old journalist/television personality is in talks with another division of NBCUniversal about hosting a syndicated daytime talk show.
If things go as planned, the show may start as soon as September 2014 with the show airing at 11 A.M. in some local markets. The discussions are now kept private and it's noted that there's no guarantee that a deal will be sealed for a new show.
Should Vieira sign up for the daytime talk show, she will follow the footsteps of fellow former "Today" co-anchor Katie Couric, who now hosts syndicated daytime talk show "Katie".
Vieira herself left her post as regular co-host on the NBC morning program in June 2011 and recently announced that she wouldn't renew her contract for syndicated quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", which she had hosted since 2002.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'