Meredith Vieira May Host Daytime Talk Show After Leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
Meredith Vieira could get her own talk show after deciding to quit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The NY Times reports that the 59-year-old journalist/television personality is in talks with another division of NBCUniversal about hosting a syndicated daytime talk show.
If things go as planned, the show may start as soon as September 2014 with the show airing at 11 A.M. in some local markets. The discussions are now kept private and it's noted that there's no guarantee that a deal will be sealed for a new show.
Should Vieira sign up for the daytime talk show, she will follow the footsteps of fellow former "Today" co-anchor Katie Couric, who now hosts syndicated daytime talk show "Katie".
Vieira herself left her post as regular co-host on the NBC morning program in June 2011 and recently announced that she wouldn't renew her contract for syndicated quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", which she had hosted since 2002.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert