Meredith Vieira May Host Daytime Talk Show After Leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
Meredith Vieira could get her own talk show after deciding to quit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The NY Times reports that the 59-year-old journalist/television personality is in talks with another division of NBCUniversal about hosting a syndicated daytime talk show.
If things go as planned, the show may start as soon as September 2014 with the show airing at 11 A.M. in some local markets. The discussions are now kept private and it's noted that there's no guarantee that a deal will be sealed for a new show.
Should Vieira sign up for the daytime talk show, she will follow the footsteps of fellow former "Today" co-anchor Katie Couric, who now hosts syndicated daytime talk show "Katie".
Vieira herself left her post as regular co-host on the NBC morning program in June 2011 and recently announced that she wouldn't renew her contract for syndicated quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", which she had hosted since 2002.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones