Meredith Vieira May Host Daytime Talk Show After Leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
Meredith Vieira could get her own talk show after deciding to quit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The NY Times reports that the 59-year-old journalist/television personality is in talks with another division of NBCUniversal about hosting a syndicated daytime talk show.
If things go as planned, the show may start as soon as September 2014 with the show airing at 11 A.M. in some local markets. The discussions are now kept private and it's noted that there's no guarantee that a deal will be sealed for a new show.
Should Vieira sign up for the daytime talk show, she will follow the footsteps of fellow former "Today" co-anchor Katie Couric, who now hosts syndicated daytime talk show "Katie".
Vieira herself left her post as regular co-host on the NBC morning program in June 2011 and recently announced that she wouldn't renew her contract for syndicated quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", which she had hosted since 2002.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR