Maroon 5 Unite Musicians Across the Globe in 'Daylight' Music Video
Maroon 5 premiere their new video in support of their latest song "Daylight". A part of the Playing for Change music project, the clip boasts a compilation of various musicians from around the globe. The project itself was announced by the band last September 18, during which they invited people all over the world to participate in The Daylight Project.
The Adam Levine-fronted band are seen in minor parts of the music video. Most of the scenes are packed with real-footage of musicians - from singers, drummers, guitarists, didgeridoo players, tribal drummers and more - performing on the streets to support the project.
The profits of the project will be used to benefit the Playing for Change foundation, which dedicates themselves to build music school for children around the world. The purpose of the movement itself is to "inspire, connect, and ring peace to the world through music."
"Daylight", a soft rock ballad about realizing that someone has to move on from an old relationship, is lifted off Maroon 5's fourth studio installment "Overexposed". Levine once said of the music video, "As different as we all are, there are common themes that bring us together, inspire and show everyone what is important today. With this video, we'll present the world today and beyond, creating more than just a music video."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers