James Franco Snatches Jay Sebring Biopic, 'Beautiful People', at 2013 Sundance
As Sundance kicked off on Thursday, January 17, James Franco nabbed his new gig at the festival. The actor, who attended the film event to promote some of his projects, has just been tapped to star in "Beautiful People". Not only that, but he's also set to tackle the directing duty for the biopic.
According to Deadline, "Beautiful People" is a movie about Jay Sebring, a jet-setting celebrity hairstylist duing the 1960s era. Known for being a visionary man and charismatic playboy, Sebring died violently at the hands of the kooky clan led by Charles Manson.
The movie reportedly will also highlight Sebring's romantic life with actress Sharon Tate. The actress, who was the then-wife of director Roman Polanski, was also a victim of the murder spree of Manson's cult.
Franco will also produce the project alongside Miles Levy, Vince Jolivette, David Bortolucci and Julie Yorn. Serving as the screenwriter is Lauren Wild. The "Spring Breakers" actor came to Sundance to promote "Lovelace" which he stars in, "Kink" which he produced, and "Interior. Leather Bar" which he co-directed.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves