James Franco Snatches Jay Sebring Biopic, 'Beautiful People', at 2013 Sundance
As Sundance kicked off on Thursday, January 17, James Franco nabbed his new gig at the festival. The actor, who attended the film event to promote some of his projects, has just been tapped to star in "Beautiful People". Not only that, but he's also set to tackle the directing duty for the biopic.
According to Deadline, "Beautiful People" is a movie about Jay Sebring, a jet-setting celebrity hairstylist duing the 1960s era. Known for being a visionary man and charismatic playboy, Sebring died violently at the hands of the kooky clan led by Charles Manson.
The movie reportedly will also highlight Sebring's romantic life with actress Sharon Tate. The actress, who was the then-wife of director Roman Polanski, was also a victim of the murder spree of Manson's cult.
Franco will also produce the project alongside Miles Levy, Vince Jolivette, David Bortolucci and Julie Yorn. Serving as the screenwriter is Lauren Wild. The "Spring Breakers" actor came to Sundance to promote "Lovelace" which he stars in, "Kink" which he produced, and "Interior. Leather Bar" which he co-directed.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms