James Franco Snatches Jay Sebring Biopic, 'Beautiful People', at 2013 Sundance
As Sundance kicked off on Thursday, January 17, James Franco nabbed his new gig at the festival. The actor, who attended the film event to promote some of his projects, has just been tapped to star in "Beautiful People". Not only that, but he's also set to tackle the directing duty for the biopic.
According to Deadline, "Beautiful People" is a movie about Jay Sebring, a jet-setting celebrity hairstylist duing the 1960s era. Known for being a visionary man and charismatic playboy, Sebring died violently at the hands of the kooky clan led by Charles Manson.
The movie reportedly will also highlight Sebring's romantic life with actress Sharon Tate. The actress, who was the then-wife of director Roman Polanski, was also a victim of the murder spree of Manson's cult.
Franco will also produce the project alongside Miles Levy, Vince Jolivette, David Bortolucci and Julie Yorn. Serving as the screenwriter is Lauren Wild. The "Spring Breakers" actor came to Sundance to promote "Lovelace" which he stars in, "Kink" which he produced, and "Interior. Leather Bar" which he co-directed.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3