Britney Spears Signs $200 Million Las Vegas Residency Contract
After a tough week of calling off her engagement with fiance Jason Trawick and ending her one-year stint as a judge on the popular reality singing competition show "The X Factor (US)", Britney Spears quickly bounced back in a big way by inking a whopping $200 million deal to perform live in Las Vegas. She has reportedly signed a two-year contract with Caesar's Palace, but an official statement from Spears' camp is yet to be released.
Although Caesar's Palace is worried that Spears won't register as much as her predecessors in the Vegas box office, she is expected to make up for the lack of universal appeal with the publicity surrounding her celebrity-hood. Hopefully, she will generate major returns for the city while she headlines Vegas.
Spears follows in the footsteps of other Las Vegas live show performers Elton John, Shania Twain and Celine Dion, who managed to get $100 million from her Las Vegas contract last year by making 210 live shows over a period of three years. Although she has a narrower appeal than Dion, considering Spears' notoriety, signing her up could pay off big for the city as she is touted to reap millions not just for her Vegas act but indirectly from tourism income. This is the same reason why celebrities command almost four times of what they usually charge, like when Beyonce Knowles was reportedly offered a staggering $80 million for just a single year of shows.
Spears sealed the mega-deal after ending her three-year romance with her agent and fiance for a year, Trawick, also ending his co-conservatorship over Spears following her public meltdown. She is set to perform an 80-date series of shows on the stage of The Colloseum at the five-star hotel Caesar's Palace.
More Britney Spears News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video